Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:05 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,344 times

Advertisements

As some of you know, I've been dealing with an emotional affair. I had never cheated on anyone before, and this affair forced me to examine why I was falling for another man outside my marriage. I confessed the affair to my husband and have gone back and forth with the other man trying to cut things off then missing him and starting right back up again.

What it all boils down to is sex. I want more, and I want it in more interesting ways and this other guy got me thinking about and trying things I had never considered. I tried doing these things with my husband and he flat out said no to most . The other guy drops a bomb on me today and says he can't talk to me anymore.

So I'm stuck. I've tried spicing things up with husband and he's not in the least interested in trying even after I told him I needed him to try and about why I had my emotional affair. He thinks I need to just get over it and accept things the way they are. And now my safe, text only outlet is leaving me.

So anyone else experience this? Am I going to have to just accept things they way they are and take up knitting to keep my mind off of what I want? I'm at a loss as to what to do. I know life is ultimately unfair, but this really and truly sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 07:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I know life is ultimately unfair, but this really and truly sucks.
Yes, it does.

You have some very difficult decisions to make.

It sounds like your husband really doesn't understand what his refusal means.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
When the greener on the other side of the fence grass dies there is not much to be done.

It appears you learned nothing from your experience and really did not try to repair your marriage since you were still in contact with the other guy.

At this point you have several choices but those choices are ones you will have to figure out for yourself in regards to your life, your marriage, your children and the honest truth as to how important it all is.......

Old 11-07-2015, 07:17 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
It's normal to go through periods when you're not in sync, but ifthe two of you are no longer sexually compatible, it really comes down to whether or not your need to spice things up is more important than your marriage. Only you can decide if you are willing to settle for what he is willing to give. Is it worth breaking up your family over, if the marriage is otherwise a good one? The reality is, sometimes we do have to be willing to put aside our own wants.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:18 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
So, the other guy was your way out... and now he said he no longer can talk to you...you feel stuck in your marriage?

Serious question: Do you even want to stay married to your husband?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Quote:
As some of you know, I've been dealing with an emotional affair. I had never cheated on anyone before, and this affair forced me to examine why I was falling for another man outside my marriage. I confessed the affair to my husband and have gone back and forth with the other man trying to cut things off then missing him and starting right back up again.

What it all boils down to is sex. I want more, and I want it in more interesting ways and this other guy got me thinking about and trying things I had never considered. I tried doing these things with my husband and he flat out said no to most . The other guy drops a bomb on me today and says he can't talk to me anymore.

So I'm stuck. I've tried spicing things up with husband and he's not in the least interested in trying even after I told him I needed him to try and about why I had my emotional affair. He thinks I need to just get over it and accept things the way they are. And now my safe, text only outlet is leaving me.

So anyone else experience this? Am I going to have to just accept things they way they are and take up knitting to keep my mind off of what I want? I'm at a loss as to what to do. I know life is ultimately unfair, but this really and truly sucks.
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Why?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:25 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, the other guy was your way out... and now he said he no longer can talk to you...you feel stuck in your marriage?

Serious question: Do you even want to stay married to your husband?
OP:

That is a very good question.

What about the counseling the two of you went to?

Are the two of you still attending the counseling?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:

Little Girl, you had better figure out quickly how to get your head put on straight before you lose everything and everyone, including your children.

All of this nonsense and drama over a man you never met in real life, do you really think all of this mess has been worth everything it has caused?

Old 11-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes, it does.

You have some very difficult decisions to make.

It sounds like your husband really doesn't understand what his refusal means.
I don't want to issue any ultimatum because I did make vows and committed to him 10 yrs ago and most people view sexual needs as inferior to all the other needs a relationship fulfills, but part of me feels dead knowing that it also means part of me will remain repressed in the name of fidelity.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
It's normal to go through periods when you're not in sync, but ifthe two of you are no longer sexually compatible, it really comes down to whether or not your need to spice things up is more important than your marriage. Only you can decide if you are willing to settle for what he is willing to give. Is it worth breaking up your family over, if the marriage is otherwise a good one? The reality is, sometimes we do have to be willing to put aside our own wants.
Ultimately I will put aside my own wants. It's what I've always done. I just thought I'd found someone that could make things a little better for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships