Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,312,593 times

Advertisements

Some people go out searching for a new relationship with a "chip on their shoulder" towards the opposite sex....Have you noticed this? How can they expect to find love and gain trust in someone new when they are carrying around so many grudges and stereotypes?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:49 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
good luck with this thread

Anytime you start a new relationship, you should not bring your baggage from the previous relationship.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
poor conceptual and coping skills.

poor conceptual skills since they cannot process and learn from their mistake, or negative experience.

poor coping skills since labelling all men/women as bad is a defence mechanism. people with such issues should relieve them, prior to dating again.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
"Those who do not learn from their mistakes, will always repeat them"

Jonathan

Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
Bad social skills can be a reason. They are bad at coping and dealing w people in general.

Another one is just bad previous experiences and they extend that experiencec to include alll women.

One would be a lack of experience, and they believe everything they read on the internet.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Bigotry is all about lumping people from the same group together...Making the assumption that everyone from this group is bound to be the same...I think we all receive gender programming and this has an influence on us...But some people do decide to try to break out of the mold. Don't you think? And some people were raised with less programming etc.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Because they're lazy.

Both genders have their share of no-good, self-centered bad apples. Both genders have their share of great individuals.

The problem with the people who lump all women or men together? They never realize that they themselves are the problem, that they routinely make terrible choices in the kind of woman or man they pursue. Or, just as likely, that they make God-awful decisions in their own relationships.

So instead of having a nice little self-examination moment to ask the basic question, "What am I doing wrong here?" they instead take the easy path and lump 50% of the human population together.

Here's the thing. If you start recounting all your past failed relationships and then state that none of those disasters were YOUR fault, then you're the problem. Likewise, if you recount your relationship failures and only throw out some token problem on your fault and assess 98% of the blame to the other party, the same rule applies.

The truth be told? If you are a lonely person and have a string of bad relationships in your wake, wake up and smell the coffee. You are the common denominator in all the relationships that have soured in your past and it is up to you to be a grown-up and change your own behavior.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Trust no one...

Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
oh gosh. i have this male friend who calls this girl who wasn't interested in him a *itch, "not that pretty"... and his ex-gf was just "using him to pass the time" and left him because she's "flaky". and another ex-gf was just "trying to sleep with everyone"

not attractive. immature. it's amazing how much crap (funny, but crap) you hear from some guys when you are just their friend. forgive, let go, move on. holding a grudge, even a morsel of negative feelings toward someone just comes back and bites YOU. haha.

as a woman, when you hear a guy berating the people he has been with, it does not make a good impression. you start to think, wow if i continue to date this guy and the relationship doesn't work out - wonder what he's going to say about me.

AND my favorite,

i was once asked out by a guy

i told him "i'm sorry, i really like you as a friend but you're just not my type"

and he goes "well you're not my type either"

poor word choice on my part, maybe. but hilarious comeback. then why did you ask me out doofus?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 AM

I spend most of my time as a loner because I don't like to get pulled into "gender bashing groups." As a member of these groups everyone is suppose to "bad-mouth" the opposite sex on a regular basis...It's not cool to say that you are happy with your spouse or boy/girlfriend...This would make you an outcast in the group. Have you noticed this type of stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships