Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 PM

41 posts, read 72,150 times

Advertisements

my bf of 7 months doesn't like to cuddle in bed. so i made it a rule that he has to give me 3 mins cuddle every night before he falls asleep.

however, i went to bed late last night and he's asleep, when i came join him he's half awake, so i asked him to cuddle me he says no, i insisted that i needed it, so he snapped and yelled " I DON'T FKING CARE"

he appoligized today saying he's being a jerk. i don't know what to think? did i ask too much or we both should grow up?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Give a couple of chances and if he doesn't work with you then tell him there's more than plenty of men who will do a little cuddling with ya.

Seriously, don't waste a lot of time.......

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
For a start it's pretty rude of you to expect to be cuddled by a half asleep boyfriend. If he doesn't like cuddling in bed then why not respect that? As long as he cuddles you and expresses affection at other times I don't see the issue.

If he's always cold and distant then it's a problem.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:14 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Maybe he had a bad day?

Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
If you have to force someone to cuddle you I can't understand why you'd want it. If they aren't doing it because they want to, then it's a chore. He was asleep and you came to bed late and woke him up being needy. That was inconsiderate.

He apologized this morning. If you want to avoid another outburst, start compromising on the three minute rule, or at least be reasonable.

Me personally, it just sounds odd to require this three minutes of cuddling every single night regardless of circumstances. It sounds as though it's wearing thin on his nerves. Brace yourself for future outbursts.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Maybe he had a bad day?

Yeah, maybe he was just being cranky that day. Give him a few more chances and if he's not giving what you want, dump him

Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
If you have to force someone to cuddle you I can't understand why you'd want it. If they aren't doing it because they want to, then it's a chore. He was asleep and you came to bed late and woke him up being needy. That was inconsiderate.

He apologized this morning. If you want to avoid another outburst, start compromising on the three minute rule, or at least be reasonable.

Me personally, it just sounds odd to require this three minutes of cuddling every single night regardless of circumstances. It sounds as though it's wearing thin on his nerves. Brace yourself for future outbursts.
Clingy and insecure are two words that spring to mind. Most people don't like those two characteristics much. They start grating on your nerves in any relationship.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Clingy and insecure are two words that spring to mind. Most people don't like those two characteristics much. They start grating on your nerves in any relationship.
Yep, clingy and insecure, that's exactly how it sounds. Good call!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:25 PM

41 posts, read 72,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

he says he loves me but not very physically intimate with me. the only hugs i get from him is when morning goodbyes. my body needs more love than that that's why i made this rule. i love him and want the closeness. he sometimes wakes me up very early in the morning like 5am wanting sex and i never never complained. i may not do what he asks for but never did i yell saying i dont fking care.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:28 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaywewere View Post
my bf of 7 months doesn't like to cuddle in bed. so i made it a rule that he has to give me 3 mins cuddle every night before he falls asleep.

however, i went to bed late last night and he's asleep, when i came join him he's half awake, so i asked him to cuddle me he says no, i insisted that i needed it, so he snapped and yelled " I DON'T FKING CARE"

he appoligized today saying he's being a jerk. i don't know what to think? did i ask too much or we both should grow up?
This is one of the most immature things I've ever heard. You're trying to make "rules" and if I was your boyfriend I would probably say "f*ck you" I don't do rules and I don't think he should have to either.

you shouldn't have to beg or make a "rule" for someone to cuddle you. ugh. let him sleep, damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships