Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 AM

845 posts, read 1,348,614 times

Advertisements

So...yah, last night a girl came over to my house, one that I really like. We talked for a time, shared stories, played some games together. While we were talking, she said, "You know what I miss in a relationship? Cuddling." I knew what this meant, but I had no idea what to do. I was lost, traveling a road I have never been on. She went into my bed and called me to her. We couldn't lay together (CURSE YOU TWIN SIZE BED!). So I decided to lay blankets down in another room, enough to make even the hardest wood floor like a padded cushion. We laid down together, she rolled up against me putting her head to my chest. As soon as she did, she rolled away.

My own mother was subjective to showing any form of closeness, even with her own husband. She always kept us, and our father, at arms length, never showing any type of closeness what so ever. At least this is my excuse for not knowing what to do.

I watched my sister for a time, but realized that that wasn't cuddling, that was pretzel formation, and probably very uncomfortable. Her and her boyfriend would sit in each others laps, with legs enveloped around each other.

This is more of a question to women, or maybe men if they can keep the laughter to a minimum. I know cuddling isn't an exact science, but please share some tips for the unknowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
So...yah, last night a girl came over to my house, one that I really like. We talked for a time, shared stories, played some games together. While we were talking, she said, "You know what I miss in a relationship? Cuddling." I knew what this meant, but I had no idea what to do. I was lost, traveling a road I have never been on. She went into my bed and called me to her. We couldn't lay together (CURSE YOU TWIN SIZE BED!). So I decided to lay blankets down in another room, enough to make even the hardest wood floor like a padded cushion. We laid down together, she rolled up against me putting her head to my chest. As soon as she did, she rolled away.

My own mother was subjective to showing any form of closeness, even with her own husband. She always kept us, and our father, at arms length, never showing any type of closeness what so ever. At least this is my excuse for not knowing what to do.

I watched my sister for a time, but realized that that wasn't cuddling, that was pretzel formation, and probably very uncomfortable. Her and her boyfriend would sit in each others laps, with legs enveloped around each other.

This is more of a question to women, or maybe men if they can keep the laughter to a minimum. I know cuddling isn't an exact science, but please share some tips for the unknowing.
A twin bed never kept me and my man from 'cuddling' (he hates that word LOL). In fact, the smaller the bed, the closer you have to get.

What's to share? You lay/sit close together (you already witnessed the pretzel formation as one possibility), wrap your arms around each other, and maybe let your fingers do some walking while you're in position and, Voila! You're cuddling....snuggling...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
WARNING: Cuddling may lead to sex.
WARNING: Sex may lead to cuddling.

CAVEAT: Cuddling may lead to sleep, so be sure you are comfortable and positioned so that circulation is not cut off to appendages. Keep the TV remote or a book close at hand in case you wish some entertainment while the cuddlee sleeps.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,867 times
Quote:

Even with the blankets the floor wasn't comfy enough for a good cuddle. you need a bed or a good sofa. Or maybe she was upset you didn't crawl into the sack with her. On the floor I would suggest spooning.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
Even with the blankets the floor wasn't comfy enough for a good cuddle. you need a bed or a good sofa. Or maybe she was upset you didn't crawl into the sack with her. On the floor I would suggest spooning.
I know, it wasn't the absolute best spot. I have two couches and both are pretty rock-hard, firm cushions. She didn't like my bed either, because it was rock hard as well. I was actually going for a mood setting. She's been with guys that have taken her for granted, and I wanted to be more..., I don't know, just more.

Believe me, I was more upset with myself at the multiple of signs she threw at me. And probably not just for the cuddling part.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
I see you haven't experienced enough 'floor'. Good for far more than spooning. There's plenty of time for that later.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I see you haven't experienced enough 'floor'. Good for far more than spooning. There's plenty of time for that later.
LOL, i've got more time on the floor than you have on earth probably. He was asking advice on cuddling and the floor ain't the best place for it.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I know, it wasn't the absolute best spot. I have two couches and both are pretty rock-hard, firm cushions. She didn't like my bed either, because it was rock hard as well. I was actually going for a mood setting. She's been with guys that have taken her for granted, and I wanted to be more..., I don't know, just more.

Believe me, I was more upset with myself at the multiple of signs she threw at me. And probably not just for the cuddling part.
Women have always told me that I'm a great "fit" to cuddle with so maybe that has something to do with it too. Maybe you two didn't "fit"

Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
LOL, i've got more time on the floor than you have on earth probably. He was asking advice on cuddling and the floor ain't the best place for it.
[insert reiteration of original response here]

Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Women have always told me that I'm a great "fit" to cuddle with so maybe that has something to do with it too. Maybe you two didn't "fit"
Now this makes some sense, probably why the floor wasn't the best idea. I can at least move the cushions around on the couch, prob myself up a little to get a lengthy arm around her. However, she wrapped herself in a double thick snuggie.

Thanks Whyte Byrde, hopefully next time it'll be in a softer place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships