Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 11:16 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,223,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not saying 'lifelong virgins' specifically...I'm also interested to hear of those who still had sex (flings, prostitutes) but never had a proper gf/bf or got married.
I fall into this category, except I did marry at a very young age. The marriage lasted only two years. He was abusive so I left. That was in 1996. I have not had a proper boyfriend or LTR of any kind since. Not for a lack of trying. Men are not interested in me romantically, only physically. In the late 90's to early 2000's I dated casually for a while, then things completely dried up. I don't date at all anymore. There's no one for me to date. I do want something meaningful but it seems men are interested in casual sex. I can't be bothered so I just stay alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 11:23 PM

31 posts, read 43,326 times
I've never heard of anyone like that so far. The people I know were or are all blessed with good relationships.

Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do you personally know anyone who's reached a mature age (say 45) who was never had a relationship and/or sex with another person?
Didn't you say "love" (not relationship or sex). In that case, yes I do: a few women who, at that age and maybe any age, were willing to have sex and a relationship, but never were able to be emotionally "in love".

Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
Repeat post. Sorry

Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,108,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think there's always someone who's willing to date you regardless of who you are. The question is: are you also willing to date that person?
In a word (or three)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgKGXwoZ_Nk

Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 AM

8 posts, read 23,291 times
I know a man who married thrice but once confessed me he never actually loved his wives.

I think it can be seen both good and bad: good because it means that growing up you really value the feeling/word "love", which has little to do with physical attraction and/or comfort zone and common interests etc; bad becuse sometimes the reason is not the one I just mentioned, it is that you are too narcissistic to open your heart to someone.
In the case of the man I met who confessed me this, I think it's because he had such hard life experiences that he developed a real difficulty in living a long term relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships