Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:25 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Exactly! If my need wasn't urgent that last time, I was gonna go back home. Even though it wouldn't have been exactly a pleasant vacation, it would've been still a change of scenery, seeing some relatives and friends, and getting the same work done! Heck, I'd go down to Mexico if I weren't afraid of the language barrier. It's kinda hard talking with your mouth full of crap.
I do think one has to be very careful about medical tourism. If he didn't originally live there, speak the language and have family, I'm not sure I would have been so happy to save the money at the expense of his possible well-being.

BTW, I heard dental work is super-cheap in Romania and that you can get quality work done there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I do think one has to be very careful about medical tourism. If he didn't originally live there, speak the language and have family, I'm not sure I would have been so happy to save the money at the expense of his possible well-being.

BTW, I heard dental work is super-cheap in Romania and that you can get quality work done there.
Yeah, it is a bit risky.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well up until this past summer, I was dirt cheap!! But the surf-kayak-to-the-cheekbone incident racked up about $30,000 in medical bills. Unfreakinbeleivable. My guy has not had anything quite so exciting, at least since I met him. But prior to that, I think he's got me way beat. He used to drive a race car.

WOW, you made up for lost time with that big bill, lol!! That hit must have hurt like hell I bet. Sure hope you are all healed up now

Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I am the most expensive person in our family. Though, if I had a competent doctor I could have saved us a lot of money and time with unnecessary tests and procedures.

I FINALLY have a diagnosis after 4 years of the BS I went through and it has definitely lifted a weight off my shoulders. Just today I was able to postpone a test/procedure to see if the meds I'm on help that particular situation.

I have taken a hard fall as well down the outside deck stairs. Never went to the ER but I probably should have. I think I lost consciousness for a bit but I can't really recall. I did have to throw my shoes at the back window for dh to come and "rescue" me though because he could not hear me yelling....scary!

I hope everything is starting to feel a little better! I'm sure you are REALLY sore today! I remember being very sore for the better part of two weeks and the brusing was just awful.
I am really sore, and all over too. What I want to know is when the dizziness is going to get better??

I was lucky that my husband was with me (we had walked up our road to get the mail - been snowed in for about 3 days and wanted some fresh air). If I had been alone I would have been in big trouble.

So glad to hear you finally got a diagnosis for your problems - 4 years is a long time to deal with something It must have been so depressing at times.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
My husband has me beat, for now.

Mostly for dental work, which is 100% out of pocket for us. I think all together we're almost at 5 digits for that, if not more. I used to kid with him that he should get some gold teeth for that money and we would have had a pretty generous return on our investment. Otherwise, he's pretty healthy.

I expect that at some point in our lives, we'll start having to deal with these issues as they arise. That's what a partnership is for. It may be unfortunate and costly, but I'm sure he believes you're worth every penny. I can't think of one material thing I wouldn't give up for the health of my husband and my children. I'm sure he feels the exact same way.

Hope you have a swift recovery!
Thanks robee

I agree with you about the "partnership" aspect of marriage of course. I just used to feel guilty anyway though because our medical costs were so disproportionate to one another. Even with a supportive spouse the sick/injured spouse can feel so useless sometimes

Thankfully, I'm able to laugh about it more now.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,868,108 times
right now if i were in a relationship id have no doubt id be the more expensive on on the upkeep...

i try not to add up the costs of my perscriptions, plus since surgery theres been regular check ins at the hospital...
BUT i am trying to get myself physically healthy, loosing the weight, diet excersize ect to try to minimize all that and i did manage to pay off all my past dental bills...finally (thank goodness)

but i am a sagitarius and a typicall one at that, curious and into everything, slighlty clumsy, and VERY accident prone lol

Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
right now if i were in a relationship id have no doubt id be the more expensive on on the upkeep...

i try not to add up the costs of my perscriptions, plus since surgery theres been regular check ins at the hospital...
BUT i am trying to get myself physically healthy, loosing the weight, diet excersize ect to try to minimize all that and i did manage to pay off all my past dental bills...finally (thank goodness)

but i am a sagitarius and a typicall one at that, curious and into everything, slighlty clumsy, and VERY accident prone lol
Glad you are being proactive about your health
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships