Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,309,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well that sure is true, interrogate a man and he will go into that odd shut-down mode that men are able to do, they just mentally check out. It's infuriating that you want your answers and they are off on Mars, but once it happens, the conversation is done. I certainly learned that the hard way - but of course I am 40, of course I now I know - that you just don't question men like that. It is a form of communication which only works woman to woman.
That's usually how it works for us older gents. If you are say... 21...... meh not so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 05:49 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well that sure is true, interrogate a man and he will go into that odd shut-down mode that men are able to do, they just mentally check out. It's infuriating that you want your answers and they are off on Mars, but once it happens, the conversation is done. I certainly learned that the hard way - but of course I am 40, of course I now I know - that you just don't question men like that. It is a form of communication which only works woman to woman.
I can honestly say I've been guilty of this very thing. Only just recently really became aware of it. But I cherrish my relationship and am working on better communication skills. It's taken my wife a couple years to really wake me up to this.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:12 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,087,446 times
This is just the kinda things most guys sometimes talk about with their buddies. Girls do it too to their friends, it's just human nature. But he does sound slightly jerkish from those two things he said.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,354,244 times
well this sounds like maybe he does have something to hide. i still don't think its cool for the OP to go through his emails, unless he came home with lipstick on his collar and someone's panties in his pocket. not that i am condoning rifling through a brother's pockets-

bottom line is that it sounds like this guy is giving you some signals that you can't trust him, and i think you should heed those. it may take a little while, but this does smell funny, whether you violated his privacy or not. i would definitely consider weening yourself off of him slowly if you can't take a big break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships