Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
rotfl i'm a tough one...

Like I said before guys are committment phobic whiney babies...it is difficult for anybody to get into relationships but harder for gay guys because they are so selfish and focused on superficial attributes. Any form of sex (not just intercourse) is a major part of getting to know somebody in the gay community. You risk knowing somebody but also being used and ignored if you go that way. If somebody doesn't have a "butt" then they are not dating material in the gay world (heard it many times)...lol. So now you can see I'm not wrong to be rough around the edges...
Artsy, as much as you whine about the gay community, have you ever considered joining the hetero community? At least it's larger if nothing else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 02:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,005,757 times
what would be the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Artsy, as much as you whine about the gay community, have you ever considered joining the hetero community? At least it's larger if nothing else...

Old 06-12-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
what would be the point?
As I said, a bigger pool to fish from.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM

lol do you reside in a mental hospital with free internet access? lol

Quote:
As I said, a bigger pool to fish from.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
lol do you reside in a mental hospital with free internet access? lol
Unfortunately, no. Why?

I keep forgetting which show you resided on and finally came up with it - Will & Grace, Jack!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:00 PM

You reside in the show "Golden Girls" as B Arthur

Quote:
Unfortunately, no. Why?

I keep forgetting which show you resided on and finally came up with it - Will & Grace, Jack!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You reside in the show "Golden Girls" as B Arthur
Who the heck is B Arthur? Oh, OK, Dorothy... Keep on dreaming, Jack!

Golden Girls, The

Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,656,905 times
I used to tell my kids,
"don't marry someone you can live with, marry someone you cannot live without" There is a big difference.
Join some club groups, or a church singles group. Somewhere you can meet some young people with similar interests and backgrounds. As they see you in that setting and have something in common things can build from there.
I think you need to see how someone treats their family, see them sick or dissappointed, how good of a worker they are, do they share, are they caring. I think you need to spend time with someone about two years before deciding if they are the "one" Good luck to you....

Old 06-12-2008, 08:16 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,692,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2LiveNCities View Post
I took girl A (longest relationship) to Melting pot within the first month. At the time we lived near each other. She soon after moved to florida and we were still in love. I flew myself and her around the country multiple times. And i even drove 34 hours round trip from my college in WV to go visit her in Tallahassee. i stayed in tallahassee for 28 hours before i headed back. She had no idea i was coming, and i did it cause she missed me. I try to do amazing things like that, as well as let them know i care with the smallest things. but now that im in jacksonville, without a girl...Its very hard for me. im not a clubber, im not a bar hopper, and im not to drastically religious. I do play shows alot, and i play guitar. But like i dunno...its very frustrating haha.

i dont let it kill me or anything, just curious ya know? alot of bad dumbass loud dudes always end up with these girls that you see that you think they have only spoken 10 whole words haha.

dumb luck i guess. I cant believe this post has shot up 35 post in a day though. good job =)
It's not that you're doing something wrong, it's just that your timing is off. Girls in their early twenties may not appreciate what you have to offer - they need to grow up some and experience life before they get tied down. You've got plenty of time to find the right girl. You're young - enjoy it. Get your college degree before you get seriously involved with someone. People change a lot between twenty and thirty. Start dating just for fun - not as an exercise in finding Miss Right. If you have no expectations other than going out, having a good time, and meeting interesting people you won't be disappointed. When the time is right you'll find someone who will appreciate you for who you are and want to settle down with you, but don't try to rush it. You have to be happy with yourself and by yourself before you'll make a good mate for anyone. Best wishes!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 PM

JerZ is the mom in the show golden girls...rotfl....i forgot her name...got a photo?

Quote:
Who the heck is B Arthur? Oh, OK, Dorothy... Keep on dreaming, Jack!

Golden Girls, The
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships