Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your opinion on it?
Quaint and outdated throwback for prudes and religious folk, it's unnatural 69 31.94%
I understand/respect it but it's not for me 68 31.48%
People should aim for it, but I'm not strict on it 43 19.91%
Everybody should do it 36 16.67%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times

Advertisements

Just a poll on attitudes...I can probably guess what the result will be (this being 2010 and everything), lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,864,820 times
I mean if it makes you happy then who am i to judge *shrugs*. Personally i think it's an archaic practices but like i said who am i to judge.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:43 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
There are many threads on this topic. My opinion is why wait? Why save yourself for someone who may be a dud in bed? And then be stuck with them?

While sexual activity might be the same with everyone, not everyone has sex the same. Some are great at it, others leave things to be desired.

The first sexual encounter for most people is usually awkward. You don't exactly know if it was good or not, you just know that you finally did it. But I can understand how saving yourself for that one person can be special. Just don't be disappointed when that first time is disappointing.

Then again, a lot of people who waited wonder why they bothered to wait so long once they finally get the hang of doing it.

My other opinion is that I don't care. It is not my life. If that is how you want to live yours; there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,187 times
I think this made sense back in the days when people got married by no later than 22 years old. These days people are getting married later so can you imagine having to remain a virgin that long because you didn't marry young?

I understood that I likely wouldn't marry young so all I wanted was to be in love with my first. I got that and it was amazing. Most people have bad first experiences so I'm a rare example.

Anyways, one of my best friends who's my age (24), cute girl and has no problems getting a guy, and she's still a virgin. She almost got married at 21, wedding was called off, but she still sticks to her choice of remaining a virgin until her wedding day. It works for her though and men still go out with her. So really it depends on what works for you.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:11 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
When I was single.......no way!! Only MAJOR problem I had was......getting sex and love mixed up. I would find out very fast that just because two people have a great night in the sack together sure doesn't mean "love" is there, let alone marriage.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
I also think that in olden days when in certain cultures a father promised his daughter to a man, he was also promising a virgin bride. But in these days I think virgin brides are reserved for Muslim martyrs.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,864,343 times
see for those whow are serious about it, more power to them...

but for me sexual compatibility is very important in a lasting relationship...everything else can be perfect but if theres no sexual fire its going to take its tll on even the best relationship...

and personally id hate to wait, get married and THEN find out were completly incompatible in the bedroom...

i do however wait when im in a relationship for at least a little while, im never quick to rush to the bed during those early weeks as i have to build up trust and a connection in the relationship (beyond plain lust) first.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
IDK, to me it doesn't make sense.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
see for those whow are serious about it, more power to them...

but for me sexual compatibility is very important in a lasting relationship...everything else can be perfect but if theres no sexual fire its going to take its tll on even the best relationship...

and personally id hate to wait, get married and THEN find out were completly incompatible in the bedroom...

i do however wait when im in a relationship for at least a little while, im never quick to rush to the bed during those early weeks as i have to build up trust and a connection in the relationship (beyond plain lust) first.
Yeah that'd worry me.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:44 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
If they're both virgins, they wouldn't have any past experience to compare their partner to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships