Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,684,420 times

Advertisements

Would nice guys or even bad boys have any commitment phobia, if women were more willing to use us for sex, even if they get their girl friends involved? In my opinion and from a male equality point of view, getting guys to clamor for a relationship instead of sex could be a goal in modern times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 AM

116 posts, read 180,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Would nice guys or even bad boys have any commitment phobia, if women were more willing to use us for sex, even if they get their girl friends involved? In my opinion and from a male equality point of view, getting guys to clamor for a relationship instead of sex could be a goal in modern times.
Is this a joke?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM

It does help if you have a sense of humor; but other than that, is there anything wrong with the logic?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM

Why do women not liked to be asked for sex instead of a relationship, if it is being asked honestly.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,496,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Why not consider a vasectomy as suggested by another poster? It could alleviate your concern even if women with one track minds want to use you for sex instead of a relationship.
Vasectomies have been known to fail. And I heard that after you get a vasectomy, there's a certain time period when your sperm is still fertile. I also heard that it hurts to orgasm if you have a vasectomy. Why go through all that trouble for something that might fail?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:21 AM

116 posts, read 180,265 times
Ever heard of groupies?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,496,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What do your parents think of your rather extreme viewpoints, c-d?

What's confusing most of us is that you're not asexual, but you're closing yourself out of one of the greatest experiences a person can have because you're scared of something with an extremely low probability of occurrence. You feel left out now, just wait 10 years when, if you continue down this path, a normal adult relationship will be completely out of your reach and you'll be "the weird guy down the hall".
My mom says things like "you might change your mind" or "find a woman that doesn't want kids"

My dad's job keeps him busy so I don't think he gives much thought to my views. But my dad has also said I might change my mind.

You say sex is one of the greatest experiences, but if I don't know what sex is like, how am I missing out? You didn't have facebook in high school but no one knew what it was, so no one felt like they were missing out. You can't miss what you never had.

If I want my fill, I just masturbate.

And who's to say a 29 year old can't date an 18 year old virgin?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Vasectomies have been known to fail. And I heard that after you get a vasectomy, there's a certain time period when your sperm is still fertile. I also heard that it hurts to orgasm if you have a vasectomy. Why go through all that trouble for something that might fail?
Nothing is always certain, but it could alleviate your concern; besides, it could be a "conversation starter" if you ask potential girl friends to help you evacuate your glands in order empty them from any remaining sperm. In my opinion, a girl who is willing to be your friend should be willing to do it, simply for the sake of friendship.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM

380 posts, read 797,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Good for you having an abortion at 16 (I'm serious). My mom says the good girls are the ones that keep their baby. But I say the smart girls are the ones that get an abortion. They realize they're not fit to have kids at such a young age.

And do you know why I care about the stories I hear? Because I don't want that story to be mine. I want to create my own story, but I don't want the stories I hear to be my story.

I believe you that you never want kids and I believe there is a high chance you would get another abortion. However, I wouldn't have sex with someone like you. I just wouldn't want to take the risk that you would change your mind. I realize not all women are deceptive liars, but I don't want to take the risk of shagging a deceptive liar.
Your letting "fear" control your life. My suggestion, seek psychiatric help. Just because you've heard a story of someone falling doesn't mean you refused to walk right?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Reason View Post
Ever heard of groupies?
Yes, and I have also heard of honesty being a form of respect toward fellow human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships