Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,492,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Guys usually have to lie For sex not for a Lack of sex. It was a point of contention concerning nice guys who may not want to have to resort to the abomination of hypocrisy, merely to be more loyal to the animal kingdom.
If a guy uses a girl for sex, that's a form of lying.

And another poster said people are on their best behavior for the first few dates. That's a form of lying too. In a way, we're all liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM

380 posts, read 797,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm all for the type of relationship you're describing. But I just wonder if people that age would be interested in someone as young as me. I asked you that earlier, but you haven't answered. At 24, would you be interested in a 19 year old? And then keep in mind that the women in question (late 20s or older) are 27+ years old.

I'm also all for a relationship with a teenage virgin. If she hasn't lost her virginity yet, I don't see why this would be an issue, unless she's dying to lose her virginity.
At 24 I would not have sex with a 19 year old, but I would not have a problem with a relationship that involves oral sex only with someone that age. Regardless I would not get involved with someone who does not want to have sex.

And my comment about the teenage virgin, they tend to loose it to someone theyve been dating for quite some time and plan on marrying. I highly doubt a high school virgin would date a college guy who chooses to remain celibate indefinitely and who doesnt want to get married. Additionally, most women who have the values of remaining virgins until marriage also have other traditional values, such as wanting to have children.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
At 24 I would not have sex with a 19 year old, but I would not have a problem with a relationship that involves oral sex only with someone that age. Regardless I would not get involved with someone who does not want to have sex.

And my comment about the teenage virgin, they tend to loose it to someone theyve been dating for quite some time and plan on marrying. I highly doubt a high school virgin would date a college guy who chooses to remain celibate indefinitely and who doesnt want to get married. Additionally, most women who have the values of remaining virgins until marriage also have other traditional values, such as wanting to have children.
Just wondering...what's the big difference? Why would you do other sexual stuff with someone my age but not actual sex? Either way, a penis is involved.

And if a teenage virgin asked me about sex, marriage, and kids...I could say something like "maybe." That way I'm not lying. I never said yes, but I never said no.

And I'm not just focusing on the teenage virgin. Like I said, I'm all for a non-conventional relationship with a slightly older woman.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM

380 posts, read 797,344 times
Quote:
Just wondering...what's the big difference? Why would you do other sexual stuff with someone my age but not actual sex? Either way, a penis is involved.

And if a teenage virgin asked me about sex, marriage, and kids...I could say something like "maybe." That way I'm not lying. I never said yes, but I never said no.

And I'm not just focusing on the teenage virgin. Like I said, I'm all for a non-conventional relationship with a slightly older woman.
Because most guys your age dont have a clue what they are doing. Also, I dont want to run the risk of possibly taking a guys virginity. It tends to be a very messy situation.

Well then I think you should consider an orally driven sexual realtionship with an older women if you can find one who's open to it.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,683,578 times
Quote:
I don't think you understand. I want a girlfriend. I just don't want to have sex with said girlfriend.

If I want a sexless relationship with a girlfriend then it would be a step in the wrong direction to be put into the friend zone.
I still think you may be stereotyping in modern times.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Why do women claim to want honesty from (nice) guys when they seem to prefer dishonesty from bad boys?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Because most guys your age dont have a clue what they are doing. Also, I dont want to run the risk of possibly taking a guys virginity. It tends to be a very messy situation.
Sounds like you're speaking from experience

Quote:
Well then I think you should consider an orally driven sexual realtionship with an older women if you can find one who's open to it.
How do you recommend I go about seeking a non-conventional relationship?

And there was something about your previous post I didn't understand. You said you would be willing to have a non-conventional relationship with someone my age, but then you said you wouldn't be willing to have a sexless relationship regardless. Are you saying if you did a non-conventional thing with a 19 year old, it would have to be a 1 time thing?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:21 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,793,173 times
Quote:
Why do women claim to want honesty from (nice) guys when they seem to prefer dishonesty from bad boys?
Can you give an example of what you mean? If you are referring to a particular post, your best bet would be to ask the woman who said it.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:29 PM

I don't want to put anyone "on the spot" so to speak; so, I will try to keep it more generic. What if we consider some songs as "examples".

According to Stevie Nicks, some women prefer "sweet little lies" instead of "words and deeds walking hand in hand" as stated by Madonna in her song.

How is a nice guy supposed to reconcile those two "opposite" points of view from women who always claim to want a relationship as much as guys always want sex; and, are usually willing to clam that honesty is a form of respect toward fellow human beings.

Consider that simply, and honestly, stating with words and deeds walking hand in hand for sex, is usually a considered a "turnoff" for many women here on this board who were willing to comment on that form of honesty.

What are some ramifications for nice guys who prefer honesty as a form of words and deeds walking hand in hand?

Consider a ramification for some women; a nice guy may have said, the chick who was honest with me the whole time is the one that gets a church wedding and a long term, legally binding social contract, 'till death do us part; he could be honest knowing none of the women involved were that honest.

Last edited by danielpalos; 01-12-2011 at 06:51 PM..

Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I don't want to put anyone "on the spot" so to speak; so, I will try to keep it more generic. What if we consider some songs as "examples".

According to Stevie Nicks, some women prefer "sweet little lies" instead of "words and deeds walking hand in hand" as stated by Madonna in her song.

How is a nice guy supposed to reconcile those two "opposite" points of view from women who always claim to want a relationship as much as guys always want sex; and, are usually willing to clam that honesty is a form of respect toward fellow human beings.

Consider that simply, and honestly, stating with words and deeds walking hand in hand for sex, is usually a considered a "turnoff" for many women here on this board who were willing to comment on that form of honesty.

What are some ramifications for nice guys who prefer honesty as a form of words and deeds walking hand in hand?
The fact that you used a song as an example reminded me of something. At least my bad love life has one benefit: music. There's a lot of music I like that I probably wouldn't be into if I had a good love life (because then I wouldn't be able to relate to it). I can't imagine what my life would be like without that music. At least my music makes me feel better about my bad love life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships