Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

On Saturday I was laying in bed just thinking about my job and getting irritated with all the things that are currently going on right now. So the phone rings and it was the girl who I;m trying to go on a second date with and we both say our happy new years. Then I started ranting about my job and how I don't like this and that but eventually changed the topic. So she ended the convo because she was going to eat dinner and I called on Sunday and received no answer around 1pm. Then I called at 9m and no answer. I sent a funny text on Monday saying-"Not Monday Again" and she never replied. I sent a text later in the day asking how her day was going and no reply. I called tonight around 8pm and noticed she wasn't her normal pleasant self. So she told me she had just got off the phone with verizon and I said-"oh they were talking crazy? She said they won't be able to fix her internet until saturday and I was like _That sucks". So I asked what time they were coming out and she told me and then the convo became arkward because she is mad. So I started talking about my day and what I had for lunch and she was like-OK!!!! Then said she needs to go so she can try and get some more information about the internet, So I just said ok and hung up. I wadn't going to try and set up another date while she was in a bad mood. But i'm thinking ne complaining about my job may have turned her off a bit? Seems like since Saturday, I haven't felt a good vibe.

I been talking to her since November and I never heard her sound like that before. If she was that much of a bad mood I would have preferred if she not answered the phone.

So I will just fall back and not call or text for about 4 or 5 days and make one last attempt at a 2nd date before I go in a different direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
I don't know what to tell you, TVSG. Hope all works out.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I don't know what to tell you, TVSG. Hope all works out.

I dont handle talking to a upset person on the phone that well. I'm better face to face

Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
1. Two calls in one day followed by two texts the next day is pestering. She's just not that into you.

Quote:
If she was that much of a bad mood I would have preferred if she not answered the phone.
2. So you can call her up and rant and rave and carry on about your job, but you'd rather she didn't answer the phone if she was annoyed with Verizon? What, only men can be angry or annoyed? Women aren't allowed to be in a crappy mood? They must always be simpering and smiling pretty? What, are women there only to soothe a man after a rough day but can't have a rough day themselves? Men can subject women to their complaining and women should just listen raptly, but men shouldn't have to return the favor when a woman is upset?

3. Let me guess: If she did what you preferred--which was not answer the phone--you'd be on here asking why she's not returning your calls and texts.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think I screwed up but not 100% sure
You may not be 100% sure, but given the tenor of your posts in the Relationships forum.... I am.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
There better question here is: What have you NOT screwed up?

Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,019 times
Recommend looking elsewhere--you are done here.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
1. Two calls in one day followed by two texts the next day is pestering. She's just not that into you.

2. So you can call her up and rant and rave and carry on about your job, but you'd rather she didn't answer the phone if she was annoyed with Verizon? What, only men can be angry or annoyed? Women aren't allowed to be in a crappy mood? They must always be simpering and smiling pretty? What, are women there only to soothe a man after a rough day but can't have a rough day themselves? Men can subject women to their complaining and women should just listen raptly, but men shouldn't have to return the favor when a woman is upset?

3. Let me guess: If she did what you preferred--which was not answer the phone--you'd be on here asking why she's not returning your calls and texts.

I was going to send one last text probably on friday or sat

Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
On Saturday I was laying in bed just thinking about my job and getting irritated with all the things that are currently going on right now. So the phone rings and it was the girl who I;m trying to go on a second date with and we both say our happy new years. Then I started ranting about my job and how I don't like this and that but eventually changed the topic. So she ended the convo because she was going to eat dinner and I called on Sunday and received no answer around 1pm. Then I called at 9m and no answer. I sent a funny text on Monday saying-"Not Monday Again" and she never replied. I sent a text later in the day asking how her day was going and no reply. I called tonight around 8pm and noticed she wasn't her normal pleasant self. So she told me she had just got off the phone with verizon and I said-"oh they were talking crazy? She said they won't be able to fix her internet until saturday and I was like _That sucks". So I asked what time they were coming out and she told me and then the convo became arkward because she is mad. So I started talking about my day and what I had for lunch and she was like-OK!!!! Then said she needs to go so she can try and get some more information about the internet, So I just said ok and hung up. I wadn't going to try and set up another date while she was in a bad mood. But i'm thinking ne complaining about my job may have turned her off a bit? Seems like since Saturday, I haven't felt a good vibe.

I been talking to her since November and I never heard her sound like that before. If she was that much of a bad mood I would have preferred if she not answered the phone.

So I will just fall back and not call or text for about 4 or 5 days and make one last attempt at a 2nd date before I go in a different direction.
I would txt her and invite her to particpate in a threesome!!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
If you've been talking to her since november and haven't gotten a second date, I"m not sure she's all that interested (unless it was weather or distance related). People are pretty weak when they hear others talk negatively. I personally would not mind hearing a rant about somebody's job maybe 2-3 times but then it gets old. But would you want to date somebody who is overly sensitive to hearing others complain? I mean, the world is not a happy place! Guess you have some thinking to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships