Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Hear, hear.

They just wanna parade how Internet savvy they are. It's the Internet that momma warned them about
Hardly.

Again, I find it very telling that some of you are so very up in arms about a simple question and a stranger's opinion on posting photos to garner compliments.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Why do I care? I'm not the one who called anyone out or posed the question. I simply replied with my take on it. I really don't care what you think, I'm just curious why anyone would go out of their way to both look at those type of threads and then complain about them. Seems a little uptight if you ask me.

Because I was curious as to what it was about. I opened it, read the OP, rolled my eyes and went along my merry way.

I'm not complaining. I don't think they cease to exist. If we are allowed to post positive opinions, surely negative opinions are allowed as well.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I've never seen you. Oh that's becoz you have better things to do in life and your life is so put together you won't hang around on a message board blah blah blah

But suddenly you do, you fishing for a hookup
Actually I do "hang around" message boards and I never insinuated that people who frequent *this* forum lacked a fulfilling life. I simply stated my opinion on the Look at Me threads and asked what the purpose of this forum was; no more, no less.

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Choosing not to post my pictures for millions of random people to see is my choice. Just as it is others' choice to post photos.
Does anyone here breast beat and moan about you not posting pictures here? Then why would you breast beat on someone else's "choice" as you so humbly put it

It just doesn't add up. What's for the goose holds for the gander too.

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I've been on City-Data since Spring '09.
But never on this particular forum.

Quote:
It was a simple question born of curiosity. Sorry that it bothers you so.
I see... Just a busybody. Not very fond of those.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Does anyone here breast beat and moan about you not posting pictures here? Then why would you breast beat on someone else's "choice" as you so humbly put it

It just doesn't add up. What's for the goose holds for the gander too.
Stating an opinion is hardly breast beating.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
But never on this particular forum.

I see... Just a busybody. Not very fond of those.
So what if I am new on this forum? The "cold shoulder" thread drew me in and I have posted on other threads on this forum before this one. *shrug*

If you aren't fond of "busybodies" (which apparently is stating an opinion and asking a question) then move along.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Because I was curious as to what it was about. I opened it, read the OP, rolled my eyes and went along my merry way.

I'm not complaining. I don't think they cease to exist. If we are allowed to post positive opinions, surely negative opinions are allowed as well.
Yes, negative opinions are certainly allowed when someone opens up the floor by asking "am I hot or not", but in a civilized society it doesn't hurt to apply the golden rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

I see threads on here all the time that leave me scratching my head and wondering how people make it through life. I can choose to pass on that thread and go on to something that interests me rather than chime in with something rude or snarky. That's not to say that I don't get into with another member from time to time, but my time on these forums goes a lot smoother when I simply walk away from a thread that doesn't exactly tickle my curiosity.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yes, negative opinions are certainly allowed when someone opens up the floor by asking "am I hot or not", but in a civilized society it doesn't hurt to apply the golden rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".

I see threads on here all the time that leave me scratching my head and wondering how people make it through life. I can choose to pass on that thread and go on to something that interests me rather than chime in with something rude or snarky. That's not to say that I don't get into with another member from time to time, but my time on these forums goes a lot smoother when I simply walk away from a thread that doesn't exactly tickle my curiosity.
I see a ton of threads that I don't comment on for one reason or another. Sometimes I do want to state my opinion, even if it is negative, because I feel it is just as valid as positive opinions.

This one does tickle my curiosity so I'll stick around for the time being.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Hardly.

Again, I find it very telling that some of you are so very up in arms about a simple question and a stranger's opinion on posting photos to garner compliments.
Stranger, we're all amazed you don't fish for compliments. My selfesteemogram scale burst and cracked when it was measuring you.

I'm putting my Molotov cocktails down now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships