Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are/were single who is in the no go zone?
I'm male and anyone married 20 27.03%
I'm male and any co-worker 7 9.46%
I'm male and any sort of relative 2nd cousin or stronger 25 33.78%
I'm female and anyone married 36 48.65%
I'm female and any co-worker 8 10.81%
I'm female and any sort of relative 2nd cousin or stronger 34 45.95%
None of the above I would be willing to date all 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times

Advertisements

Who is out of bounds for you? If you are not single think back to when you were and answer.

Just curious on the poll results. All three are no gos for me.

You can vote for as many or as few options as you like and its an anynomous poll.

Last edited by dave nz; 01-04-2011 at 02:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,357 times
I'm female and, to different degrees, anyone married (or in a serious relationship, particularly if children are involved), any co-worker and anyone in my family (which even includes, for me, men my friends are, or are seriously and firmly interested in, dating).

Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
When I was single , anyone married or in a relationship.

I think I would have had to think that person was the love of my life and I would literally be throwing my life away by not trying and even then I suspect I would simply have assumed that anyone willing to cheat on their spouses/partners for me would do the same to me.

I value loyalty above all else so I would find it pretty despicable of myself to be "the other woman". I need to be able to look myself in the mirror without feeling self loathing and despising myself.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:33 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Anyone married, definitely. Fuggedaboutit.

In a relationship? Well, I don't know about that...sometimes you're in a relationship out of habit (this happens ALL THE TIME) and you do wind up meeting someone who makes more sense for you. That doesn't mean they have to cheat. You can get to know each other and then they can break up...

Relatives...? Erm...no way in heck.

I don't see the big deal with coworkers, though one should consider it being wiser not to sh*t where you eat...

Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Anyone married, definitely. Fuggedaboutit.

In a relationship? Well, I don't know about that...sometimes you're in a relationship out of habit (this happens ALL THE TIME) and you do wind up meeting someone who makes more sense for you. That doesn't mean they have to cheat. You can get to know each other and then they can break up...

Relatives...? Erm...no way in heck.

I don't see the big deal with coworkers, though one should consider it being wiser not to sh*t where you eat...
You can be married out of habit too (and because you fear all the custody battle, the money and/or property lost and the paperwork involved if you get a divorce), it happens all the time. And since married relationships are more difficult to leave even though you may desire it very much, it probably happens much more often than having an unmarried reltionship out of habit.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
You can be married out of habit too (and because you fear all the custody battle, the money and/or property lost and the paperwork involved if you get a divorce), it happens all the time. And since married relationships are more difficult to leave even though you may desire it very much, it probably happens much more often than having an unmarried reltionship out of habit.
Yeah, but at the wedding, part of the ceremony is the community and friends vowing to help keep it together. Whether or not you think it's right, blatantly trying to get someone to break a marriage vow is a little skeevy in my opinion.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,803,481 times
I cannot believe that through this poll I just kinda acknowledged I would see someone who is married.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
None of the above. Married? Been there done that. No. Relatives?? No. Co-worker? Been there done that, too. Definitely NO.

Nope.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
I'm not single, but back in the day, I could foresee dating a coworker, depending on the situation/how closely you work together, power structure at work, etc. Never did it, though...lack of appealing male coworkers.

Everything else on the list is a blatant no-go.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
When I was single, I dated a couple of ladies that were going thru a divorce.......so they were still married technically. I spent the night with a co-worker......no relationship evolved, just a "one nighter". Never a relative!
AND, never dated a "Hottie".......couldn't afford to!
Gee, can any of you believe that a 61 yr old man is using the word "Hottie"???? Wife and I use to be "Hotties" (at least we thought that).....10 plus years ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships