Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
What goes through a mans mind?

Exactly what you think.
What goes through a mans mind. When dating, he is always thinking. How little can I spend on this girl and still sleep with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
What goes through a mans mind. When dating, he is always thinking. How little can I spend on this girl and still sleep with her.
Yeah, that sounds like gold digging....in reverse

Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
The truth of our wayward fellow men is that they are simply responding to the huge shifts in social norms. There was a time not all that long ago that people were mainly focused on their personal survival, farming together, raising family, and attending whatever church they may have had in the area. Today we see the breaking down of these old remnants of our theological and geographical constraints, many folks are out of touch with those things that serve to ground us and thus end up as a type of social deviant pursuing whatever hedonistic pleasure they want. It has been noted that these people are not the average in our society but the trend toward doing whatever you want is showing it's numbers as a greater sum every day. This goes along with the notion of individual freedom as something that extends to the extreme behavior limits regardless of the fallout that impacts others.

I suppose we can expect the worst in others when we know the muzzle of public condemnation is gone. A lot of today's youth seem to think they are above the standards of decent public behavior, who knows what they think is OK in their "private" life. In general we don't like to lump all men or women together for the offenses perpetrated by the minority in both sexes but we can see the overall shift in public mores being thought of as a personal choice that should be free from the admonishments of outdated theological tenets. America has aged as a nation and in that process we have lost a great deal of the old social constructs that used to serve us pretty well, on the other hand some of the "offensive" behavior described in the OP was at one time cause for a public thrashing or a day or two in the stocks, I don't think we want those days to return so for now we'll have to see these episodic forays of bad behavior as a sign of individual freedom.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
I pretty much try to keep my woman as far away from my male friends as possible. I have a cousin who is the same age as I am. We grew up together, best bud's, inseparable up until 2004. Thats when my marriage dissolved and I caught him trying to hook up with my wife (he had a wife and 2 kids of his own). Over 20 years of friendship and a blood relative. Didn't matter, he was willing to risk it. I know woman cheat as well, I just don't trust my gender. A lot of guys would sell their mom for a piece of a$$. I've been betrayed over a girl so many times it's not even funny. Ask any guy and he can probably give you a dozen stories of his bud's, associates, dad, whoever trying to move in on his woman. It's amazing to see the lengths a guy will go to to get laid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships