Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM

67 posts, read 190,439 times

Advertisements

My hair has blonde highlights and relatively long. I'm ready for a change and want to cut it. My husband is having a fit because he loves the long locks. What do you guys think? Do you think I'm getting a little old to be wearing my hair long? Do you think I should start looking a little more polished?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,651 times
personally I like long hair on women, but that's just me. maybe cut it to just shoulder length?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:35 PM

434 posts, read 1,653,219 times
Once a woman looks a certain way (and I don't want to say old so please don't take it as that..I'll just say "wise"), I think overly long hair can make her look older.

Bottom line, do what you want to do with your hair. If your husband is a good man, he'll love you no matter what. After all, it's just hair and it does grow back.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,755 times
In my experience, guys like longer hair on women (generally). I used to have hair past my waist & cut it shorter slowly.

I would say maybe go shorter but not short. Maybe just "test the waters" a bit & let your hubby see that you're not planning to shave your head or anything... It's good to try something different every now & again...he might just like it, too, ya never know...

Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,020 times
I advocate change. Talk to a stylist about what would look best on you regarding your face shape, age, and complexion. Get something stylish and fun. Go for it! Cutting your hair can feel very liberating.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:51 PM

67 posts, read 190,439 times
Thanks for that nudge. My other thread tells you about my H's affair and frankly, I'm feeling a little adventureous and maybe a little defiant. I'm a little nervous because I've worn my hair this way for many, many years, but what the hey, I think I will go for it.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:55 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
If it's all stringy or something then yeah, cut it.... Otherwise maybe go shoulder length. That's still considered "long" to most of us guys...

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 PM

434 posts, read 1,653,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by still hangin View Post
Thanks for that nudge. My other thread tells you about my H's affair and frankly, I'm feeling a little adventureous and maybe a little defiant. I'm a little nervous because I've worn my hair this way for many, many years, but what the hey, I think I will go for it.
Oh, well if that's the case, who gives a crap how he likes your hair. He didn't give a crap that you don't like him sleeping with other women.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
traditionally, i like woman with long hair,,,,(like to see it bounce)
but shoulder length hair is just fine.. and sometimes change is good!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by still hangin View Post
My hair has blonde highlights and relatively long. I'm ready for a change and want to cut it. My husband is having a fit because he loves the long locks. What do you guys think? Do you think I'm getting a little old to be wearing my hair long? Do you think I should start looking a little more polished?
what do you want to do, what would make you comfortable....are you looking for permission to cut your hair? Would your hubby love you any less? I think you should do what you want to do, regardless...of what others think? I mean, do you take a vote and do what the majority writes you should do?

I mean no disrespect...but make You happy. You don't have to cut it short short, you can try something in a longer style? Or a bob, we women love to experiment and look different...and so what if it isn't the look you wanted, it will grow...and it will look very healthy....

Hugs
Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships