Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather date bad boys or geeks?
Bad Boys 7 35.00%
Geeks 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM

86 posts, read 155,507 times

Advertisements

I used to only date the "hot" bad boys. When I was 28 years old, I became friends with my now husband. I thought he was attractive, but he was very nice, a little bit more on the shy/reserved side, highly intelligent....no bad boy what-so-ever!! I was going through a lot at the time and eventually my grandmother passed away. He was such a sweet friend to me and I knew that he felt more. It hit me like a ton of bricks....how RIDICULOUS I had been only dating jerks and how incredible it would feel, for once, to be truly adored. I know, sounds like a simple concept, but it's not when you are in the mindset of only dating certain types. We have been married for almost 9 years and it was both of our first marriages. I hope women that are drawn to these bad boys will figure out that they are worth more than that. Marriage is hard enough. We have 3 children (one baby watching us from above) and I cannot imagine going through the trials that life sometimes will throw at you with a man that prides himself on being a jerk.

Oh, and my hubby does indeed like Star Trek, Star Wars, any type of show on the History Channel, loves to read, has 3 Master's.....nothing wrong with any of this, even if he has to watch these shows without me.

~You will find the right woman....someone that will appreciate you.~

Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
I'd like to sleep with bad boys and have relationships with geeks.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 PM

453 posts, read 457,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I'd like to sleep with bad boys and have relationships with geeks.
I'm sure many women feel that way, but you can't have both. I won't date a woman if she's going to screw around on me like that.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I'm sure many women feel that way, but you can't have both. I won't date a woman if she's going to screw around on me like that.
Relax dude, I was joking…

I was just saying that bad boys are very sexy, whereas geeks are more nice relationship guys.

I have never screwed around on anyone and I never would, thanks very much.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
I don't think I've even dated a Bad Boy, let alone slept with one. They never did it for me. But I did get a kick out of teasing them and then telling them "No thanks! Not interested."

I didn't necessarily go for geeks, but I definitely preferred more reserved men.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
I think half the description of bad boys is actually middle life crisis males.

It might be my Harley making noise at the light? Cars? Gas costs too much. I'd kill somebody and bury their body in a fresh dug grave where nobody ever...nevermind. Muscle shirts aren't flexing, I see my 4 year old grandson running around flexing a lot, is he a bad boy? Committed a lot of crimes, never did time, Maybe a successful bad boy? Been the subject of two manhunts. Good bad boy lawyers? My EX refers to me as a bad boy, yet confided to her best friend "I miss the sex with the basterd" Does that count?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 PM

343 posts, read 524,340 times
I'm not married btw. Look, you need to find someone who appreciates you, period. Not everyone is defined like how you described them. It's too black & white and NO ONE is like that.
It's a matter of finding the right person and if it were so easy this forum would have hardly any posts. It's not easy, for bad boys, bad girls, geeks, and combos, etc.... Just don't get mad about it because then you get bitter and it will show. You'll give off a bitter vibe and be unattractive to ALL.

Expand your social circle, get involved in activities you like and maybe you'll met someone. It's a numbers game + fate. Good luck to ya.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,552,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what I must do though I'm a nice intelligent guy. I keep wondering if I start robbing liquor stores so I can buy myself a nice Harley and grind the engine at the stoplights and get a tattoo saying "Born to Lose" across my chest, that would make me more attractive. Let's not forget all the bikers leather, enough body piercings to set off the metal detectors, and a nice bandanna with a confederate flag along with a scruffy beard. Will that work? Or do I need to start beating up women and giving them black eyes, so they'll stay because they think that's sexy, too?
I prefer bad boys!!! I find them exciting, attractive and someone that I know will always protect me. I married one!!! He's an extremely talented artist who's work has been bought by MCA Records, Colgate Polmolive, Fredericks of Hollywood, Sears, he has a T-shirt line in Europe, designs album covers, skate board etc. and is well know in the industry. He hasn't done this for awhile because of the pressure of the job. He is now getting his eduction in Forensics. He's a hacker and is in big demand by many large companies including the government. There isn't anything that he can't hack. He does this to prove to the owners, CEO, and government officicials where there weaknesses are!!!!

All bad boys don't have jail house tattoos saying "Born to Lose" across their chest. I have never met one yet with that tattoo. They are not all bikers wearing leather vests, even thou there is nothing wrong with wearing a leather vest, or riding a bike.

My bad boys, always walked with their heads held high confidence radiating off them...not always the ladies man either. They make awesome lovers and are not only into themselves, the greatest pleasure they get is pleasing their woman. They walk proudly with her on their arm and expect respect toward them at all times. They are intelligent, witty, and have great sences of humor. Not all bad boys are straight out of jail, rehabs or off the street corners selling drugs. Open your minds a little and get to know one...he will be your best friend, and there is nothing he wouldn't do for you, no matter what!

I have dated "geeks" and found them fun, funny, interesting, but there was always something missing....

Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM

343 posts, read 524,340 times
I'm curious, how do you go about meeting women? Dating sites, bars, what is you modus operandi?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 PM

453 posts, read 457,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
I'm curious, how do you go about meeting women? Dating sites, bars, what is you modus operandi?
I used to go to bars, but I gave up on those places a long time ago. Sometimes, I've gone on dating sites, but I've grown skeptical about them. I've even joined clubs, but they're all either taken or they're divorced and have kids. I was engaged several years ago, but my fiancee was screwing around with another guy while I was deployed in Iraq. She learned the hard way that just because I'm a nice guy doesn't mean I walk around wearing lipstick, high heels, and a garter belt while carrying a bottle of Astroglide in my hand. Then she tried to guilt trip me into taking her back after I dropped her like a rock, but that didn't fly. Sometimes I feel I have to be a jerk otherwise women will think I'm too weak for being nice and being a geek. I also have martial arts training, too, so I know how to fight bad boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships