Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

You always see in the paper or hear from a freind about someones 14, 15, 16 year old daughter getting pregos and having a baby these days.

So, here's the questions,
"Would you force her to give you the sperm donors name and force his parents to help pay for the care of the baby "legally if you could", until they are BOTH out of school?"

And would you force her to stay in school, get that deploma and let her know that her life as a teenager has just came to dead end and that there will no more free life for her either"? She wanted to act like a grown up, not she has to be a grown up from here on out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 04:12 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
I guess we are assuming adoption is out of the question in your scenario?

1- Yes, what would you suggest just let the guy totally off the hook? At least make him contribute financially if nothing else.

2- Encourage her to stay in school, but also let her know that she will not have a typical teen social life, as she has to be a mother now.

#1 is very dependent on the situation though.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:15 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
I cringe at the thought of my son being in this situation when he's a teen, but IF it were to happen to him (getting a girl pregnant), I would make him assume the responsibility of raising the child and contributing where he could. Also, I would make sure that he stayed in school, and I would do my best to ensure that the girl did the same (by being encouraging and talking about the importance of an education).

Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM

I would take his parents to court and make them pay for 1/2 of everything across the board. Whatever kind of arrangement they have with their kids to pay them back is their problem. And that financial obligation would stick until the the baby mamma was graduated from high school. None of this moveing in with each other either, she stay's at her home and he stay's at his home. And while she's in school the other parents would be forced to help baby sit the child, or help pay for professional baby sitting services. Not a state paid for one either.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
You always see in the paper or hear from a freind about someones 14, 15, 16 year old daughter getting pregos and having a baby these days.

So, here's the questions,
"Would you force her to give you the sperm donors name and force his parents to help pay for the care of the baby "legally if you could", until they are BOTH out of school?"

And would you force her to stay in school, get that deploma and let her know that her life as a teenager has just came to dead end and that there will no more free life for her either"? She wanted to act like a grown up, not she has to be a grown up from here on out!
Here's a novel idea:

ADOPTION!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Here's a novel idea:

ADOPTION!
Not every family will do that, it called "OBLIGATIONS" and being "RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS".

Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
I would take his parents to court and make them pay for 1/2 of everything across the board. Whatever kind of arrangement they have with their kids to pay them back is their problem. And that financial obligation would stick until the the baby mamma was graduated from high school. None of this moveing in with each other either, she stay's at her home and he stay's at his home. And while she's in school the other parents would be forced to help baby sit the child, or help pay for professional baby sitting services. Not a state paid for one either.
If she found out she was pregnant and was only a few weeks along I'd consider allowing an abortion. Older than that and I would be incredibly reticent to do so, instead favoring adoption. If adoption was somehow not a choice then I'd do what EarthBound would do.

edit: If my son got a girl pregnant then yeah I'd tell him he better work damn hard to pay for the kid's care.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:48 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Not every family will do that, it called "OBLIGATIONS" and being "RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS".
It's called setting up everyone for failure!

I've seen it a billion times before!!

I've also seen some really great outcomes from adoption.

Abortion?

Heck, why not just take a damn pistol and shoot the infant in the head when it is born!?

I don't see much of a difference!!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Sigh...we live in a lawsuit happy society.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:50 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
The kid would get castrated and then start taking responsibility. I would not treat this as a wham bam thank you ma'am situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships