Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men, do you, or would you, wear an engagement ring?
No 22 59.46%
Yes, a small or simple ring 10 27.03%
Yes, a big or fancy ring 3 8.11%
Other (please see comments) 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:45 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I know a guy that got a girl pregnant and she wanted to get an abortion. He told her she's not getting an abortion. She had the baby.
Will she be sending him her paycheck for more than 18 years or how are they working this out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 01:10 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Why would a guy wear an engagement ring when he's going to be out there banging everything in a skirt right up until the preacher says 'your goose is now cooked?"
Hysterical ! I repped ya....

Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Will she be sending him her paycheck for more than 18 years or how are they working this out?
I honestly don't know the details. He claims he has full custody, but he lives in the dorms and I've never seen his daughter. Obviously, his daughter doesn't live with him.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:19 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times
Quote:
Quote:
As for not using protection and then telling the guy “too bad, you didn’t use protection”, I guess this can also be applied to women if they complain their guy is not helping out and we could tell her “too bad, you didn’t use protection”, right?
You tell her to bad on her poor guy choice. Some men take care of their children. Some men don't lay there pretending not to hear their screaming kid. My coworker complain about her husband. he won't this or that. I asked her, how can he learn, if you won't allow him to care for his kid.

Quote:
There are lots of ways, specially in the USA, where he can get tracked down and have his money taken out of his account to pay you. Forgot the term, isn’t it called “wage garnish”? And then throw him in jail for not providing you and the child. I totally agree with that system. The thing I find interesting is that nobody checks how the mother spends the money. She can get pregnant from a guy that has lots of money and ask for ridiculous amounts of money, yet, nobody checks if she really spends the money on the child or on her girlfriends, parties, nails, etc. and if she is caught, not sure if she would get in trouble with the law. Even when the father sends his paycheck to her, he’s limited to seeing his child. She has the upper hand.
You are correct on all points. The thing is, why are you sleeping with a triflin woman such as this. Some men out here beating the system. Some men stop working. I don't care, if the guy is worthy or penniless. Don't blame the amounts on her. This is the court system of CS. She has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
You’re right. For guys with money it is never recommended to trust a woman when it comes to birth control. She becomes pregnant and she just hit the lottery which is common in those scenarios
Again, it has nothing to do with the guy's worth. He put himself in this jam. The reason why I don't have children. I've heard of these horror stories. Dragging guys into the courthouse. Hurting a man down to pay for his seed. Also, I was married to a guy and the mom didn't pay CS. She didn't and the courts didn't enforce it.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:27 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
I know a guy that got a girl pregnant and she wanted to get an abortion. He told her she's not getting an abortion. She had the baby.
Quote:
I honestly don't know the details. He claims he has full custody, but he lives in the dorms and I've never seen his daughter. Obviously, his daughter doesn't live with him.
This story sounds very fishy. First, it's a little difficult to swallow that a woman who became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion would agree to NOT have an abortion if the boyfriend told her not to. Secondly, if this young man lives in a dorm he hardly has full custody unless his mother or another relative is caring for the child. I think your chain is being yanked.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Don't blame the amounts on her. This is the court system of CS. She has nothing to do with it.
She has nothing to do with it, you’re right. Unfair or not, that’s just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Again, it has nothing to do with the guy's worth. He put himself in this jam
That’s right, rich or not, he puts himself in that situation. A woman can’t complain about it either, she put herself in that situation. The only difference is that she can put a man in jail for not sending his paycheck. A woman who throws herself to a rich man and ends up getting pregnant means that she hit the lotto pretty much.

Quote:
Also, I was married to a guy and the mom didn't pay CS. She didn't and the courts didn't enforce it.
The mom didn’t pay for child support and courts didn’t enforce it? Interesting. I can’t imagine the law searching for this woman, doing the wage garnish, or going as far as throwing her in jail for not paying. But like you said, that is just how the court system is. It is what it is.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
This story sounds very fishy. First, it's a little difficult to swallow that a woman who became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion would agree to NOT have an abortion if the boyfriend told her not to. Secondly, if this young man lives in a dorm he hardly has full custody unless his mother or another relative is caring for the child. I think your chain is being yanked.
If my chain is being yanked, it's not just my chain. He told this story to the entire class when we got on the topic of abortion.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:29 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,799,328 times
Quote:
She has nothing to do with it, you’re right. Unfair or not, that’s just how it is.

That’s right, rich or not, he puts himself in that situation. A woman can’t complain about it either, she put herself in that situation. The only difference is that she can put a man in jail for not sending his paycheck. A woman who throws herself to a rich man and ends up getting pregnant means that she hit the lotto pretty much.

The mom didn’t pay for child support and courts didn’t enforce it? Interesting. I can’t imagine the law searching for this woman, doing the wage garnish, or going as far as throwing her in jail for not paying. But like you said, that is just how the court system is. It is what it is.
Are women smarter, than men?? I don't know. It seems worthy men always get caught in this trap. Why?

The average joe get caught in this trap as well. Why?

You lay. You gotta pay. It's that simple.

My girlfriend had to continue to sleep with her son's father (childhood sweethearts), so he would pay support. She stopped. She said, she felt like a w""""e. He stopped paying child support. He knew she had a job, where she couldn't take off every week. What happen. He won in the end. He's paying, but he'll allow the system to threw his sorry azz in jail. The thing about this guy is he has the money. He will come out his pocket with several thousand dollars.

Again, this is the system. I know several men trying to get CS from their kid's mom. Some of these moms leave town. This isn't a man's behavior anymore. Women are doing the same thing to their children. The CS system is set for women. Not man. Don't blame women.

Learn grasshopper. Learn the mighty mighty condom.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Are women smarter, than men?? I don't know. It seems worthy men always get caught in this trap. Why?

The average joe get caught in this trap as well. Why?

You lay. You gotta pay. It's that simple.

My girlfriend had to continue to sleep with her son's father (childhood sweethearts), so he would pay support. She stopped. She said, she felt like a w""""e. He stopped paying child support. He knew she had a job, where she couldn't take off every week. What happen. He won in the end. He's paying, but he'll allow the system to threw his sorry azz in jail. The thing about this guy is he has the money. He will come out his pocket with several thousand dollars.

Again, this is the system. I know several men trying to get CS from their kid's mom. Some of these moms leave town. This isn't a man's behavior anymore. Women are doing the same thing to their children. The CS system is set for women. Not man. Don't blame women.

Learn grasshopper. Learn the mighty mighty condom.
Birth control can fail. A lot of people with unwanted kids had the mindset of "I use condoms, so I won't become a dad"

I heard they can't make you pay child support if you cross international borders.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
I heard they can't make you pay child support if you cross international borders.
Incorrect.

Child Support Enforcement Abroad for U.S. Citizens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships