Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,178,776 times

Advertisements

I find myself stumbling on words and having to repeat them when I talk to attractive women. I guess I get a little nervous around attractive women. Is this normal? and what do you suggest I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I find myself stumbling on words and having to repeat them when I talk to attractive women. I guess I get a little nervous around attractive women. Is this normal? and what do you suggest I do?
how old are you? they wipe their butt just like you, don't forget that. i'm surrounded by attractive women at work so i've got no choice but to talk to them normally.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 AM

I am 20 years old. I mean it's not every word. It's just sometimes. I feel like I talk faster than my brain processes as I am into the woman and don't want to screw things up.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,197,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I am 20 years old. I mean it's not every word. It's just sometimes. I feel like I talk faster than my brain processes as I am into the woman and don't want to screw things up.
honestly a lot of guys are like that so don't worry that you're screwed up or something. it's a lack of confidence and you'll gain more by hanging out with them and interacting. give it time and don't be afraid to speak. also don't plan what you want to say or you will screw it up. just try to act natural.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,997 times
i feel the same way when i talk to an attractive guy.

sometimes, i just have to keep in mind that their outer appearance says nothing about their real character. and all i know by looking at someone... is that one good thing they have going for them is looks. the rest is all up to character.

and someone can look great, but still become unattractive over time once you get to know them.

so take things lightly and tread gently.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Thanks. I'd like to here what others have to say too.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,024 times
Try to remain yourself. Don't try not to fumble, don't try to sound confident either...just imagine you're talking with your sister or your best friend's girlfriend or your childhood friend.

Women are people. And people like smiles and feeling comfortable around others.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Thank you!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 PM

222 posts, read 501,220 times
I think there are a lot of people both male and female who get nervous around someone they find attractive. I was always told how beautiful I am and... I have found myself feeling the same as you. I hope you will continue just being yourself... that's all any of us want. And please continue talking to who you are attracted to... I think a lot of great guys passed me by because of my looks...sad for both of us...

Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
I think there are a lot of people both male and female who get nervous around someone they find attractive. I was always told how beautiful I am and... I have found myself feeling the same as you. I hope you will continue just being yourself... that's all any of us want. And please continue talking to who you are attracted to... I think a lot of great guys passed me by because of my looks...sad for both of us...
the problem is, she seemed to be really judgemental too. Like she asked me if I was a "video game freak". Seriously what was that all about? I don't think someone like that deserves me anyway. I don't even play video games. I'm a liberal minded geek is all.

The nervous thing happens to me though whenever I talk to an attractive female. i always keep thinking "I wonder what she thinks of me". I don't try to act liek someone else either. I just get unsure if she will like me for being me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships