Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

257 posts, read 458,498 times

Advertisements

First, what is considered "cheating" exactly?

Second, is it wrong to take someones girlfriend?

I have an opinion on both, but I need more views on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 03:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
If you are involved in a relationship with someone and it's understood that you're exclusively with them and not looking for anyone else, and someone deliberately makes an effort to pursue another person, that's cheating.

If the girlfriend was so easy to take, was she really that into the other guy in the first place? Their relationship must not have been that solid. But as a rule it's not a good idea to pursue someone else's girlfriend.

A cheater can eliminate the drama by simply breaking up with someone before they start something new it's always a good idea to be straightforward and honest, you can keep your self respect that way.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM

This is frustrating.
Like, I knew the type of dude her boyfriend is and theres no way he isn't seeing other girls on the side.
This girl I'm talking to right now is in college and she only sees her "boyfriend" once a week, twice a week at times. He's living a fast paced lifestyle I know because of the type of "work" he's doing. If he's being 100% faithful then all power to them. I like the girl though, we had intimate moments despite not having sex because she still wanted to be faithful to him and I respected that, but I don't think most other dudes would've been so understanding. I could've had sex with her I had her mind and her body where I wanted it but by me being such a "gentleman" I didn't pursue it any longer.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Cheating begins in the heart (and loins) to me. You can't help who you are attracted to, but once you act on it, be it time-wise, a kiss, a touch or beyond, you are cheating. Of course, some acts are definitely great betrayals, but I wouldn't be happy with my guy acting on any feelings in any way for someone else.

As to stealing someone else's girlfriend, well, she was never really his if she is that easily "stolen". But I would have to say it all depends on the circumstances. If he is mistreating or abusing her - I say she's fair game. If you can be a good man to her, go for it. If they were secure, you probably wouldn't be able to get her to go.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
If you're interested in her then tell her she's got to break up with him first to be with you.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Cheating begins in the heart (and loins) to me. You can't help who you are attracted to, but once you act on it, be it time-wise, a kiss, a touch or beyond, you are cheating. Of course, some acts are definitely great betrayals, but I wouldn't be happy with my guy acting on any feelings in any way for someone else.

As to stealing someone else's girlfriend, well, she was never really his if she is that easily "stolen". But I would have to say it all depends on the circumstances. If he is mistreating or abusing her - I say she's fair game. If you can be a good man to her, go for it. If they were secure, you probably wouldn't be able to get her to go.
Well she calls me her best friend and I do the same.
As far as I know the guy shes with isn't doing any mistreating or anything like that.

But as far as the cheating part, I mean I don't wanna get too descriptive on city data but we did "play" with each other, but we didn't do the whole nine yards.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If you're interested in her then tell her she's got to break up with him first to be with you.
Seems like the right thing to do, I was gonna give it about another week and gradually talk to her about it.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Breathing Fire View Post
Well she calls me her best friend and I do the same.
As far as I know the guy shes with isn't doing any mistreating or anything like that.

But as far as the cheating part, I mean I don't wanna get too descriptive on city data but we did "play" with each other, but we didn't do the whole nine yards.
Cheating is anything you do romantically or physically with someone else that you feel the need to hide from your SO.

So yes, she cheated.

And by the way, no one can "take" anyone away from anyone else unless you are talking about kidnapping.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Oh Yeh, she is definately cheating on her boyfriend with you.She should be more honest with him and tell him she wants out., and you should quit trying to justify your being with her by trying to find blame in something you THINK he might be doing., you're helping her cheat!!!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
And by the way, no one can "take" anyone away from anyone else unless you are talking about kidnapping.
Not physically "take", more like persuade....

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Oh Yeh, she is definately cheating on her boyfriend with you.She should be more honest with him and tell him she wants out., and you should quit trying to justify your being with her by trying to find blame in something you THINK he might be doing., you're helping her cheat!!!
So basically we might as well just do it since she already "cheated" on him with me. I wanted to tell her something similar to that but I was thinking with my **** and not my head....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships