Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,397,345 times

Advertisements

Is this the problem with issues of self-esteem in our society? And why millions of women don't have high self-worth?

Should people simply accept that some will have more sex/relationships in their lifetime, and not fall into the trap that sex/relationships are the be all and end all of life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,298,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Should people simply accept that some will have more sex/relationships in their lifetime
Yes, Virginia.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM

36,792 posts, read 31,072,414 times
Quote:
Is this the problem with issues of self-esteem in our society? And why millions of women don't have high self-worth?

Should people simply accept that some will have more sex/relationships in their lifetime, and not fall into the trap that sex/relationships are the be all and end all of life?
Do you think the same holds true for men?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:05 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,397,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Do you think the same holds true for men?
yes. But the issue as I see it is that pop culture tells that to be worthy we must be good dating material. Human beings seek companionship, but dating is not necessary to be happy.f

Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,377,625 times
I base my self worth in who I am as a person. That said I take care of my body mostly for health reasons and I guess it reflects on the outside.

But I can loose some 15 pounds (working on it )

Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,116,508 times
Quote:
yes. But the issue as I see it is that pop culture tells that to be worthy we must be good dating material. Human beings seek companionship, but dating is not necessary to be happy.f
I dont think its pop culture its human nature..Im 30 and never been with a women and it sucks not being attractive at all to the opposite sex and never having that companionship..

Old 02-04-2011, 11:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,298,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dont think its pop culture its human nature..Im 30 and never been with a women and it sucks not being attractive at all to the opposite sex and never having that companionship..
When I see such opinions, JBT, I always think they belong to people who want the cream of the crop; in other words, they insist on trying to be with people out of their league. There are plenty of physically unattractive people of both genders.

I know everybody wants the best of everything... it's natural... but we also should be realistic about what we can expect to get based on what we can offer.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM

29,780 posts, read 34,541,361 times
Quote:
There are plenty of physically unattractive people of both genders.
And there are plenty of physically unattractive people in relationships and having lots of sex. Not looking like a model/actor doesn't doom people to solitude.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:30 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,967,704 times
Quote:
Well, if the plastic surgery industry is any indication of things, then maybe so. Look at what some of these people do to themselves! I'm not talking about things like boob jobs or balding guys joining Hair Club for Men (whatever they do).

I mean like people who you look at prior to any procedures and see nothing wrong, yet they go and have a multitude of plastic surgery procedures to "improve" this or that and they end up looking like something out of a horror movie. I would also submit that this is not limited to women. Michael Jackson aside...seen Mickey Rourke or Kenny Rogers lately? WTF?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM

5,325 posts, read 6,116,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
When I see such opinions, JBT, I always think they belong to people who want the cream of the crop; in other words, they insist on trying to be with people out of their league. There are plenty of physically unattractive people of both genders.

I know everybody wants the best of everything... it's natural... but we also should be realistic about what we can expect to get based on what we can offer.
My standards are not that high at all..though i admit id rater be alone then with somebody i have not even a little attraction to..

As far as the league thing it guarantees nothing..Ive been treated more harshly by average and below average women..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships