Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley22 View Post
Ok so need everyones honest opinion. If two people meet at a party and drunkly hookup, is there ever a chance these two people can get together again down the road?

I've only seen it happen once--on a movie screen. About Last Night with Rob Lowe and Demi Moore. But, that was a fantasy so it doesn't count.

No, probably not. It was very clear to him that you didn't respect yourself, so that let him off the hook for respecting you. You offered, he was up for it, he went for it, end of story.

Ever wonder why they're called "HOOK-ups"? It's the female who usually gets hooked and HOOKS hurt like hell.
Not this girl... I would die for a relationship that was at my convenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 02:16 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Why is there an assumption that it's the woman who doesn't respect herself instead of the man? They BOTH engaged in drunken sex. And why would it be assumed that it's him that wouldn't respect her, rather than - *gasp* - her not respecting him for having drunken sex.

It seems they both participated, did they not? It's no different for one than the other, except perhaps in some people's mindless bias.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM

97 posts, read 161,315 times
I have said it before and I will say it again. If a guy likes you it doesn't matter if you had sex the first night or the 30th night. As men if we like a girl we stick around. Pretty simple

Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Most guys, myself included, will immediately remove you from the "potential girlfriend" pool if you have sex with us on the first date.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Most guys, myself included, will immediately remove you from the "potential girlfriend" pool if you have sex with us on the first date.
IMO, most such guys will marry the "good" girl or the ice queen, and then wonder what happened to their sex life.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley22 View Post
Ok so need everyones honest opinion. If two people meet at a party and drunkly hookup, is there ever a chance these two people can get together again down the road?

I had drunk sex this weekend and feel really stupid right now; feel as though I really messed up and this guy is going to have no respect for me now.
I met the love of my life through drunk sex. It can happen. Depends.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM

55 posts, read 63,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
At least he's being honest.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenC View Post
At least he's being honest.
I am nothing if not honest.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:42 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Of course there's a chance you and him could get together down the road. Even though it was a drunken hook up there's some level of attraction there. I would prefer not to start a relationship like this, but who knows? Maybe you'll have dinner with him and find out you're compatible. It's not like relationships have to follow some manual.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
I think it is possible. You need to see him when you are sober and talk. You will know how he feels by the way he acts. If all he wants is sex, then the answer is no. I have never had a drunken hook-up, but I have had a drunken I think I have found "the one" incident. Yes, in my inebriated haze I saw this guy as the one I had been searching for. We exchanged numbers, talked all night, and planned to get together. When we met sober, he was not who my drunken mind had made him out to be. More than likely I wasn't who he thought I was either. We became friends, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships