Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 PM

213 posts, read 672,093 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who just ended his relationship with a woman he has been with for about two years. They always had that on again off again thing going and so i knew it wasn't really over until he finally caught her cheating about a two weeks ago. Well, now he is trying very hard to date me, he lives in florida and i live in Georgia. He wants me to drive four hours down to Florida just to spend valentines day with him. I find it very odd and rushed, he uses these endearing terms when he texts me like, baby and sweetheart. And sends me half nude pictures of himself. Its like our friendship just changed overnight and i am not comfortable with it and the fact that he just confinded in me three weeks ago that he was interested in another woman in Georgia but she has suddenly lost interest in him just turns me off.
So I told him that i am not down with being a rebound woman. He stated that he didn't see me like that but that I was helping him get through a bad situation and if he was to ever find a girlfriend then he would not talk to me anymore but we would still be cool. WTF....was he serious??? And if I would ever consider being with him how long before the rebound period is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
There is not one thing in your post that leads me to believe there is anything right with this fellow. His story(ies) have the stench of BS and I get a player vibe from your post. IMO Beware this one.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:29 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
I have a friend who just ended his relationship with a woman he has been with for about two years. They always had that on again off again thing going and so i knew it wasn't really over until he finally caught her cheating about a two weeks ago. Well, now he is trying very hard to date me, he lives in florida and i live in Georgia. He wants me to drive four hours down to Florida just to spend valentines day with him. I find it very odd and rushed, he uses these endearing terms when he texts me like, baby and sweetheart. And sends me half nude pictures of himself. Its like our friendship just changed overnight and i am not comfortable with it and the fact that he just confinded in me three weeks ago that he was interested in another woman in Georgia but she has suddenly lost interest in him just turns me off.
So I told him that i am not down with being a rebound woman. He stated that he didn't see me like that but that I was helping him get through a bad situation and if he was to ever find a girlfriend then he would not talk to me anymore but we would still be cool. WTF....was he serious??? And if I would ever consider being with him how long before the rebound period is over.
Yup. This is exactly what he wants from you. Distraction. Fahgetabout him. NEXT!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
He wants you to drive 4 hours to see him at Valentine's day?? Seriously...you need to drop him as a friend.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:14 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Trust your gut. But steering clear of this wreck would be the best idea.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 PM

213 posts, read 672,093 times
yep, he said all i would need to do is get there and he would take care of everything else when i got there. Basically he would pay for everything and i would get dinner, get to go out with him and good sex, or excuse me he has this thing about doing it on the first night so i mean good foreplay...in my opinion not worth a four hour drive.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:19 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Lame!

People are crazy...

Old 02-08-2011, 05:40 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,958 times
He sounds like a nutcase. I can't imagine anything positive you could possibly get out of this man, in a relationship, NSA hook-up, or frankly a friendship either. He sounds rather unbalanced. What kind of jerk really thinks it's okay to ask a woman to drive 4 hours so she can give him rebound sex? If he's this blunt and selfish about his intentions from the start (you know, during the honeymoon phase when he's wooing you and supposedly on his best behavior!) think of what a tool he'll be once this wears off.

I would lose this guy, friendship and otherwise.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
yep, he said all i would need to do is get there and he would take care of everything else when i got there. Basically he would pay for everything and i would get dinner, get to go out with him and good sex, or excuse me he has this thing about doing it on the first night so i mean good foreplay...in my opinion not worth a four hour drive.
so he want you to drive 4 hours to give him a BJ? i wanna know if this guy pulls this off. please let us know if you do it.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Tell HIM that if he wants to see you that HE can drive for 4 hours. I'm guessing that he won't do it..If you do, you're allowing him to USE you, I don't understand how you could even consider being close to this man. You could be out some good coin if you do go to him, because him just saying he'll take care of everthing else could mean ...I'll take care of expences,,but only if things turn out the way I want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships