Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
She asked me a question last night while we were almost asleep: "Do you think you could see yourself falling in love with me?" I definitely like her a ton and I haven't been in many relationships in the past 7 years (only 1 really and I wasn't that into her) so I don't know at what point it's acceptable to feel so strongly about someone. I definitely see marriage potential in this girl, and I didn't know what to say, so I said "yes I could see that happening". She said the next morning "hey just forget about what I said, ok?" I said it was fine. I know there's no right or wrong answer here and maybe I'm just getting this off my chest as it threw me off guard. She has mentioned to me while being intimate in the past that she's "falling for me" but I don't know how serious it was or what context to take it into account at the time.

I would have said, "I am."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 04:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You just failed the test... That wasn't the actual question.
Thank you.
Well the corrrect answers wasn't "I CAN see that happening" the correct answer was "I already am falling for you." Bam another round in the boudoir

If you can say it to strangers on the internet [marriage potential] why not her?

Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Thank you.
Well the corrrect answers wasn't "I CAN see that happening" the correct answer was "I already am falling for you." Bam another round in the boudoir

If you can say it to strangers on the internet [marriage potential] why not her?
I agree with this post 100%.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
I think talking about marriage potential too early puts too much pressure on the relationship.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:12 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Do not overanalyze

Quote:
I don't know if what I feel is love or not. I do feel very strongly for her and I could see myself being happy with her a long time and marrying her. We want all the same things including how many kids we'd like to have (which is amazing). I guess I've just been alone in that regard to my love life for so long that I don't know what it is I'm feeling. I haven't really had anyone I've cared much about in 7 years. I just want to make sure what I feel is love before I say it.

I also don't have a history of dating very good women, meaning women who have not treated me very well in relationships, so maybe that's a part of me that's been burned and I haven't allowed myself to fall so hard for someone so easily.
Just go with the flow; don't overthink everything. Enjoy each other and part of that is just trusting each other. Sounds like you make a good match.

Her actions should also tell you how she feels. Just continue to treat her with care b/c who knows, it sounds like she's been hurt before.

I'm glad I am married.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Thank you.

LOL, I just can't believe people are advocating giving a scripted answer. On matters of love, why lie or even streeeeetttcchhhh the truth?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
You are thinking way too hard. All you had to say was, "Yes, I can see myself falling in love with you." That is not the same as saying, "I love you". Would you be dating someone and spending that much time with someone that you did not see as potentially being someone you could fall in love with? Of course not, so there is a possibility that you could fall for her and she could fall for you. Just go with it. If you don't fall in love, then you never have to say, "I love you."

Old 02-09-2011, 07:14 PM

343 posts, read 524,340 times
Her: Can you see yourself falling in love with me (translation: I love you and want to know when or if you will feel the same).

Him: That may happen. Can't you get that I'm here with you right now & I do this or that to show it. Doesn't that count for anything? Why question me?

Why, because I think she's already there and is trying to gauge where you are and hopes you feel the same. Even though you kept it open to loving her, it was slightly disappointing to her and she may feel like she pushed too much and feels bad. It was pretty bad timing. Right after sex and drifting off to sleep, men have only %5 brain capacity.

I think she feels bad about pressuring you but does need you to speak up about your feelings even though you've shown her. Take some time for yourself to think about it because you shouldn't be pressured into saying it unless you mean it. Just know she needs to hear it.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
LOL, I just can't believe people are advocating giving a scripted answer. On matters of love, why lie or even streeeeetttcchhhh the truth?
Based on what he posted, my answer, at least, is the answer, or fairly close to it. Unless he is lying or stretching the truth (see bold):

Quote:
I haven't posted much at all about my situation, primarily because everything has been going absolutely awesome with my girlfriend.

We met thru okcupid, hit it off first date and have been in contact every day since. She only lives about 10 blocks from me so we see each other at least 4-5 times a week. We've been together almost 2 months but we've spent so much time together it feels like a lot longer.

Everything is perfect with this girl, she likes me for who I am, she's respectful and kind, she's smart and can take of herself, she's very giving, thoughtful, she's gorgeous, has a smokin bod and the sex is amazing every single time. The best thing about her is our communication. We've both been open and honest about everything and we never run out of things to talk about. We really do feel comfortable talking about anything even this early in the relationship.

She asked me a question last night while we were almost asleep: "Do you think you could see yourself falling in love with me?" I definitely like her a ton and I haven't been in many relationships in the past 7 years (only 1 really and I wasn't that into her) so I don't know at what point it's acceptable to feel so strongly about someone. I definitely see marriage potential in this girl, and I didn't know what to say, so I said "yes I could see that happening". She said the next morning "hey just forget about what I said, ok?" I said it was fine. I know there's no right or wrong answer here and maybe I'm just getting this off my chest as it threw me off guard. She has mentioned to me while being intimate in the past that she's "falling for me" but I don't know how serious it was or what context to take it into account at the time.

I guess I'm looking for some random thoughts on this. Is it too early for her to be asking this? Should I take this as a red flag or is it natural to fall in love with someone in just a couple months?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Wow, just wow, I'll admit it, me and my fiancee started talking about the wedding, just a month or two after meeting and falling in total love.

Well, grasshoppers, if I or she were sitting over-"anal"yzing stuff, we'd have been in a sorry state of affairs right now.

Thanks, but no thanks. Jog on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships