Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,728 times

Advertisements

I haven't posted much at all about my situation, primarily because everything has been going absolutely awesome with my girlfriend.

We met thru okcupid, hit it off first date and have been in contact every day since. She only lives about 10 blocks from me so we see each other at least 4-5 times a week. We've been together almost 2 months but we've spent so much time together it feels like a lot longer.

Everything is perfect with this girl, she likes me for who I am, she's respectful and kind, she's smart and can take of herself, she's very giving, thoughtful, she's gorgeous, has a smokin bod and the sex is amazing every single time. The best thing about her is our communication. We've both been open and honest about everything and we never run out of things to talk about. We really do feel comfortable talking about anything even this early in the relationship.

She asked me a question last night while we were almost asleep: "Do you think you could see yourself falling in love with me?" I definitely like her a ton and I haven't been in many relationships in the past 7 years (only 1 really and I wasn't that into her) so I don't know at what point it's acceptable to feel so strongly about someone. I definitely see marriage potential in this girl, and I didn't know what to say, so I said "yes I could see that happening". She said the next morning "hey just forget about what I said, ok?" I said it was fine. I know there's no right or wrong answer here and maybe I'm just getting this off my chest as it threw me off guard. She has mentioned to me while being intimate in the past that she's "falling for me" but I don't know how serious it was or what context to take it into account at the time.

I guess I'm looking for some random thoughts on this. Is it too early for her to be asking this? Should I take this as a red flag or is it natural to fall in love with someone in just a couple months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 12:19 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
I think everything's cool.

She really likes you, just probably doesn't want you to feel pressured or scared off by her comment.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I haven't posted much at all about my situation, primarily because everything has been going absolutely awesome with my girlfriend.

We met thru okcupid, hit it off first date and have been in contact every day since. She only lives about 10 blocks from me so we see each other at least 4-5 times a week. We've been together almost 2 months but we've spent so much time together it feels like a lot longer.

Everything is perfect with this girl, she likes me for who I am, she's respectful and kind, she's smart and can take of herself, she's very giving, thoughtful, she's gorgeous, has a smokin bod and the sex is amazing every single time. The best thing about her is our communication. We've both been open and honest about everything and we never run out of things to talk about. We really do feel comfortable talking about anything even this early in the relationship.

She asked me a question last night while we were almost asleep: "Do you think you could see yourself falling in love with me?" I definitely like her a ton and I haven't been in many relationships in the past 7 years (only 1 really and I wasn't that into her) so I don't know at what point it's acceptable to feel so strongly about someone. I definitely see marriage potential in this girl, and I didn't know what to say, so I said "yes I could see that happening". She said the next morning "hey just forget about what I said, ok?" I said it was fine. I know there's no right or wrong answer here and maybe I'm just getting this off my chest as it threw me off guard. She has mentioned to me while being intimate in the past that she's "falling for me" but I don't know how serious it was or what context to take it into account at the time.

I guess I'm looking for some random thoughts on this. Is it too early for her to be asking this? Should I take this as a red flag or is it natural to fall in love with someone in just a couple months?
No red flag here. You guys are doing just fine in my opinion and a couple of months is long enough.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
She said the next morning "hey just forget about what I said, ok?"
You just failed the test... That wasn't the actual question.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:

She's a smart girl - I don't blame her for asking. Look at it from her point of view, you are taking up a lot of her time and she's basically taken herself off the market for you. She has a right to know it your feelings are going in the right direction at this point.

What are you so afraid of? She sounds awesome, don't you want to hold on to her?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:23 PM

499 posts, read 891,702 times
if you waited for answering, she probably thought that you're lying so she became upset and said forget about it.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:27 PM

30,489 posts, read 16,202,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You just failed the test... That wasn't the actual question.

yup. my thinking too.

me thinks some flowers, a bottle of wine and a nice seious conversation would be in order.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,672,147 times
that is an alot of time together if you are seeing each other so often.
she wants to know if it is a dead ender...IMO

Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,867 times
Quote:

I'm not sure why you don't love her but that's 100% something you and only you can feel. DO NOT say it unless you mean it or you'll regret it forever.

I fell in love with my wife faster that that so it's not too soon. What are your reservations?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think everything's cool.

She really likes you, just probably doesn't want you to feel pressured or scared off by her comment.
I agree. Cdubs, only you know whether her question might mean, "Do you love me?" and maybe, "I want to hear you say it." Some girls fish, some don’t, and you probably have an idea whether she is the type or not.

It sounds like you care for her a lot, even if it's maybe not love yet. I see no harm in being extra reassuring in case she is unsure of how you feel at this point. Extra affection and something spontaneous like flowers would be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships