Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times

Advertisements

Another thins lovesmountains this is a relationship forum.

There are like 10 threads on the subject "I meet a guy online , I gave him sex now he dissapeared". If those post are the ones you refer too... then yes... all my opinions are the same: lack of self respect

It is a forum where people come to discuss relationships. My idea of a relationship is one and only one. I mean... it is not like we are talking politics are we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:14 PM

243 posts, read 395,621 times
I actually found, pre-marriage, that people that others called B****** were actually the most fun sexually.

Take it for what it is worth CarolVA....but that is my recollection!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Where did I say it was an Either / Or situation, that you can't be wise and in a relationship?

My point is that there are women who will settle for anything and sacrifice their integrity just to have a man, and that it's better to be wise and alone than with some guy who couldn't care less about you except for what he can get.
Frankly, I'd rather not be EITHER of those women (wise and alone OR settling just not to be alone)

Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Another thins lovesmountains this is a relationship forum.

There are like 10 threads on the subject "I meet a guy online , I gave him sex now he dissapeared". If those post are the ones you refer too... then yes... all my opinions are the same: lack of self respect

It is a forum where people come to discuss relationships. My idea of a relationship is one and only one. I mean... it is not like we are talking politics are we?
We don't disagree about the plethora of women here with no self respect .

But back on topic...if someone who has been a good friend to you tells you something about yourself, as unpleasant as that thing is, I think it's worth some self evaluation, that's all I was trying to say.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We don't disagree about the plethora of women here with no self respect .

But back on topic...if someone who has been a good friend to you tells you something about yourself, as unpleasant as that thing is, I think it's worth some self evaluation, that's all I was trying to say.
I think so too... but you know what it has been a few years and she just does not like me. I am not perfect but if someone dislikes me SO much... then what is the point to be friends.

JMO. (It is kind of like too much drama to begin with)

Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Frankly, I'd rather not be EITHER of those women (wise and alone OR settling just not to be alone)
If I had to choose, I would rather be alone than deal with a man who used me for my money to have a place to stay while being told he doesn't love me.

I would never settle with a loser just to have a man.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If I had to choose, I would rather be alone than deal with a man who used me for my money to have a place to stay while being told he doesn't love me.

I would never settle with a loser just to have a man.
Me neither and if that makes me a B*** well, I guess I am one.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Again, I get that of the TWO choices you'd each rather be alone.

I'm just saying it doesn't have to be an either or choice. There are other options, and personally I wouldn't get stuck with just those two.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
I think you have a good head on your shoulders when it comes to men. Don't lower yourself just to have any man. As for your friend, drop her. You don't need to surround yourself with someone that has low self esteem. Also when you're drunk, you tell exactly how you feel so she's not liking you at all. Time to move on.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,728 times
She doesn't sound like a very good friend. I'm sorry about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships