Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:44 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
You gotta what? How long you have that problem? Whats your man got to do with me?

haahaaa.
I got a man!

lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 12:46 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Exactly!! Although I must say there is very little respect for a married woman's wedding ring anyway....I have always gotten the "So what?"
I know! This happened to me recently. I purposely wear a wide band, complete with diamond and wrap, and it doesn't mean a wit. Not only did this guy whistle, wave, and wait on me in the parking lot of a store, he followed me until I dodged him in traffic. I was a little creeped out. Did he not see the rings, the start of graying hair, the few extra pounds??

Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Taken women probably feel safer being friendlier because they can assume that the friendliness won't be taken as a proposition.
Exactly. Women in general like being friendly and having a lot of friends. Once it is known by all that we are off the singles market, we can relax and be friendly without being hit upon by guys that we don't want to date. But when we are single and being friendly, too often we are pestered for dates by guys that we have no interest in dating.

And that's also why, we are always friendly to gay men, because taken or not, we know that there's going to be no problems with them hitting on us.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Taken women probably feel safer being friendlier because they can assume that the friendliness won't be taken as a proposition.
This thread should have ended with this post. Game over. LOL

Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 PM

817 posts, read 811,431 times
Women are shallow beyond any man's wildest comprehension, so when they are single, they feel that they are entitled to a man's attention and act pricey and haughty, once they are taken though, they realize what jerks they had been all their lives, and in order to make amends for the same, try to be nice and friendly with people around, that shouldn't be mistaken for politeness, it's a mere act of pretence.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
The problem with guys is that they are trying to buy when they need to be selling. Guys we don't know how to buy. Shopping is for girls. Let them do the buying. Tod do that fain interest. Don't push the issue of them being hot or looking amazing. If they are hot, 99 other guys allready told them that ahead of you. Be nice but don't act interested. One of those ladies you are chasing is eventually going to wonder why it is your not into her. Then instead of you trying to buy something you start to sell something. Yourself. If you are all that and she is interested, then a sale will be made. If you have issues that she can't overcome then you go back on the rack. That is just how it is.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,725,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The problem with guys is that they are trying to buy when they need to be selling. Guys we don't know how to buy. Shopping is for girls. Let them do the buying. Tod do that fain interest. Don't push the issue of them being hot or looking amazing. If they are hot, 99 other guys allready told them that ahead of you. Be nice but don't act interested. One of those ladies you are chasing is eventually going to wonder why it is your not into her. Then instead of you trying to buy something you start to sell something. Yourself. If you are all that and she is interested, then a sale will be made. If you have issues that she can't overcome then you go back on the rack. That is just how it is.
Very true. well said.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
I think that's a strange generalization... which I am not sure I agree with...
I don't feel more or less friendly towards guys now that I am married.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Women are shallow beyond any man's wildest comprehension, so when they are single, they feel that they are entitled to a man's attention and act pricey and haughty, once they are taken though, they realize what jerks they had been all their lives, and in order to make amends for the same, try to be nice and friendly with people around, that shouldn't be mistaken for politeness, it's a mere act of pretence.
You're an idiot of making that generalization.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Any thoughts? I've noticed that at work the married women or the taken ones are more talkative and friendly. The single ones don't want to be bothered, you know how many times over my life I've heard women say ohh if I wasn't married/taken I'd date you. I know thats a lie!! it's got to be no one thats single ever wants to be bothered with me. So whats up with that?
Because, deep down, they crave what they do not have. They want to ride your baloney pony in the worst possible way. I think you should go over to their offices, one after another, and offer it to them in very specific and straightforward ways.

I'll wait here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships