Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A tornado and a South Dakota divorce have one thing in common. Someone is going to lose a trailerhouse.
Yeah...I'd be hitting the road if I lived in a trailer!

74 tornados today in North Carolina, 88 in the SE Va/NC area. I think 20 people died so far in these storms. Deadliest storm system of the year so far, I think. Stuff is moving fast though...65 mph...I'm hoping it will be outta our area soon. My BF's dogs are totally freaking out...they are hiding in the bathroom.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah...I'd be hitting the road if I lived in a trailer!

74 tornados today in North Carolina, 88 in the SE Va/NC area. I think 20 people died so far in these storms. Deadliest storm system of the year so far, I think. Stuff is moving fast though...65 mph...I'm hoping it will be outta our area soon. My BF's dogs are totally freaking out...they are hiding in the bathroom.
I like a good storm as long as it doesn't destory a bunch of houses. A good thunderstorm is good for speing quality time with a special someone.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:45 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
OMG it is freaking pouring here....tornado warnings and storms all over the place. Kinda wishing I was home in my own house...it's bad there too...and my nephew is spending the night there. BF is glad I am here....but these storms are just plain nasty...I don't like tornados!

I drove right into one once and it was scarey as hell. I got out of my car, I was on my way home from work, and ran to the nearest house and banged on the door and the guy opened the door and just showed me the door to the basement and said 'go.' He didn't need to ask me who I was or anything. The whole family was down there. I'd driven by those houses everyday and didn't have an issue that I wouldn't be safe.

I had a dog that was deathly afraid of lightening and thunder and this moose would want to lay on me - even if the temperature was over 100 degrees in here.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I drove right into one once and it was scarey as hell. I got out of my car, I was on my way home from work, and ran to the nearest house and banged on the door and the guy opened the door and just showed me the door to the basement and said 'go.' He didn't need to ask me who I was or anything. The whole family was down there. I'd driven by those houses everyday and didn't have an issue that I wouldn't be safe.
This sounds like "good people."

Old 04-16-2011, 08:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
We have a canine barometer, she can sense pressure changes in the atmosphere and will go into a panic 20-30 before the storm arrives.
Let a tornado pass about a mile from our house............nothing.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This sounds like "good people."
Yeah, they were. I'd seen him out mowing the grass on occassion when I'd drive past the house. I sent them a thank you card.

For work I used to drive out in the middle of nowhere sometimes and I was on the highway and there wasn't even so much as a molehile - it was all flat and no buildings and trees and I saw the tornado coming from a distance - I floored it to 100 mph and out ran the thing. My only other option would have been the ditch scenerio and I would have had a stroke if I had to do that.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, they were. I'd seen him out mowing the grass on occassion when I'd drive past the house. I sent them a thank you card.

For work I used to drive out in the middle of nowhere sometimes and I was on the highway and there wasn't even so much as a molehile - it was all flat and no buildings and trees and I saw the tornado coming from a distance - I floored it to 100 mph and out ran the thing. My only other option would have been the ditch scenerio and I would have had a stroke if I had to do that.

I loved the movie Twister, and after it came out, the adrendaline (sp? Police ) was flowing, and i wanted to do that! I always that it would be cool to chase and study tornadoes, but it wasn`t enough obviously for me to continue in my life. I decided helping others was for me!

Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I loved the movie Twister, and after it came out, the adrendaline (sp? Police ) was flowing, and i wanted to do that! I always that it would be cool to chase and study tornadoes, but it wasn`t enough obviously for me to continue in my life. I decided helping others was for me!
One thing a lot of people don't know is it isn't just twisting air - its twisting debris like if someone would take a nail gun and shoot it non-stop. Actually seeing that big ol thing (and it was huge) up close and personal, the movies don't have nothing on them. My eyes were like saucers.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
One thing a lot of people don't know is it isn't just twisting air - its twisting debris like if someone would take a nail gun and shoot it non-stop. Actually seeing that big ol thing (and it was huge) up close and personal, the movies don't have nothing on them. My eyes were like saucers.
Oh, I bet! How scary!

Well, I`m starving..Time to eat some of that Lasagna I made earlier.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:01 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
I wanna see a tornado some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships