Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2011, 10:44 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Every gay person that I have known (and there are several - including family) has experienced some serious emotional/environmental upheavals early in life. So my experience is what I am going by, and for now, that's my belief, as it is for many people that I've discussed it with. Obviously, not everyone has the same opinion! As I've said before, if they discover a genetic twist that is the determining factor, then all the better. Much easier to for everyone to deal with then, in my opinion.

The only emotional upheaval in early life I experienced was trying to reconcile my sexuality with the cruelness of society and some religions....I was brought up Roman Catholic.

Now you know another gay person, but this one essentially debunks your "pet theory". Any other gay folks care to chime in on this??? Also many children both gay and straight experience emotional traumas while growing up.....so I fail to understand your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:49 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I disagree.......I just don't and will never understand how SOME straight people think they know why I'm gay.......I knew I was "different" when I was 5 or 6 years old......it's just that simple.....you were born straight and I was born gay.........I never made any conscious decision other than to come out of the closet.....be proud of who I am and try to help those who are also gay who were born later than myself.
I agree with you! There are no environmental or situations that "make" someone gay. People are born gay. My brother is gay and he says that he was born gay and I believe him.

Why straight people try to tell gay people that they really were born straight and then something traumatic that made them gay is ridiculous.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM

68 posts, read 110,107 times
My question is why do lesbians hide in the woman's bathroom looking for gay sex? There was a group of them all kissing in the woman's public bathroom and being loud and obnoxious? Why do they think this is okay?

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNHxTVSv0w0

Old 03-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
My question is why do lesbians hide in the woman's bathroom looking for gay sex? There was a group of them all kissing in the woman's public bathroom and being loud and obnoxious? Why do they think this is okay?
So you really think every single lesbian in the world does this????.

I know of straight men who rape little girls...does this then mean ALL straight men behave that way..

NEVER judge a group of people by the actions of a few!!!!! This goes for gays, straights, blacks, Christians....etcetera!!!! Otherwise think for a second.....everyone would be .

Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
I have four brothers and a sister, three are married with kids and my twin who is gay. Nothing happen traumatic to me and my twin that my married brothers & sister didn't also experience.

My twin is proof alone it is genetic since we came from the same egg.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have four brothers and a sister, three are married with kids and my twin who is gay. Nothing happen traumatic to me and my twin that my married brothers & sister didn't also experience.

My twin is proof alone it is genetic since we came from the same egg.
There ya go...Thanx for the input......I have 2 friends who are sisters......one is gay...the other straight.....and their age difference is two years. Also their mother happens to be gay herself.....and her married daughter has 2 lovely boys.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I agree with you! There are no environmental or situations that "make" someone gay. People are born gay. My brother is gay and he says that he was born gay and I believe him.

Why straight people try to tell gay people that they really were born straight and then something traumatic that made them gay is ridiculous.
That's what I don't understand......Some straight people ask me why......I tell them the truth and they turn around and essentially......call me a liar and then presume to know me better than I know myself......

Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 PM

68 posts, read 110,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
So you really think every single lesbian in the world does this????.

I know of straight men who rape little girls...does this then mean ALL straight men behave that way..

NEVER judge a group of people by the actions of a few!!!!! This goes for gays, straights, blacks, Christians....etcetera!!!! Otherwise think for a second.....everyone would be .
I really wanted an answer to my question but you are a guy. I find this really creepy, they take pictures on their cellphones of woman using the bathroom in the stall next to them. I feel my privacy is being invaded by these lesbians. Maybe someone else will come along and give me an answer. They also do things in public that are inappropriate. I have never seen a straight couples do the things I've seen gays do in public.

Why do some gay guys have the gay accent? Why are they so loud? Not trying to offend anyone, but I am just wondering why.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
I really wanted an answer to my question but you are a guy. I find this really creepy, they take pictures on their cellphones of woman using the bathroom in the stall next to them. I feel my privacy is being invaded by these lesbians. Maybe someone else will come along and give me an answer. They also do things in public that are inappropriate. I have never seen a straight couples do the things I've seen gays do in public.

Why do some gay guys have the gay accent? Why are they so loud? Not trying to offend anyone, but I am just wondering why.
Answer.......everybody is different...generally you'll notice the loudest people. I doubt you'll get an honest answer to your question.....because I frankly don't think you're being sincere.

And I've seen straight couples screw under a blanket, on the bleachers, during a packed Penn State football game....why do you straight people do those things in public.....get a room!. Maybe you can tell me???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships