Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,600,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl20 View Post
Hey, I'm a lesbian. I think I'm in the wrong place
NO you're NOT......after all you got first billing in LGBT.......Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered..

LGBT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Portal:LGBT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM

52,456 posts, read 53,011,596 times
I don't mean this with any disrespect, but, it seems like some gay people's whole identities are tied to their sexuality.... IDK, I don't feel it's the same for straight people.... I don't know, perhaps it's the minority status of it all, but it just seems like some gays, everything about them is linked to their gayness, for lack of a a better term...

I don't harbor any ill will... just seems like an observation I have.... just look at some of the over-the-top gay guys and some lesbians just seem over-the-top as well.

Set me straight.....

No pun intended......

Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,660,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't mean this with any disrespect, but, it seems like some gay people's whole identities are tied to their sexuality.... IDK, I don't feel it's the same for straight people.... I don't know, perhaps it's the minority status of it all, but it just seems like some gays, everything about them is linked to their gayness, for lack of a a better term...

I don't harbor any ill will... just seems like an observation I have.... just look at some of the over-the-top gay guys and some lesbians just seem over-the-top as well.

Set me straight.....

No pun intended......
I'd say that he seems normal to me. I think he talks more about music and science than anything else. He might even save your life one day! I'd hope someone like him would tend to my wounds if I crashed.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM

52,456 posts, read 53,011,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I'd say that he seems normal to me. I think he talks more about music and science than anything else. He might even save your life one day! I'd hope someone like him would tend to my wounds if I crashed.
You way way missed the boat on my post... I was talking generically...nothing to do with the OP......

Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,184,449 times
Quote:

Set me straight.....

No pun intended......
Well everyone is different, right?

Different journeys and different stories...

I think there are more non-obvious gay/lesbians etc than obvious ones. The obvious ones just stand out more.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
You way way missed the boat on my post... I was talking generically...nothing to do with the OP......
I don't see it myself, but I have helped some lesbians fix their Harleys when they needed a hand from a REAL man!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,281,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I don't see it myself, but I have helped some lesbians fix their Harleys when they needed a hand from a REAL man!
I think the point he is making is you would probably help any woman in the same circumstances and their sexual preference really has nothing to do with it. A relationship is a relationship irregardless of how you prefer sex. You may be straight, but I don't isolate you based on whether you like it on top or doggie style. Having a thread dedicated to one's sexual orientation is sometimes taken as people voluntarily isolating themselves from the rest of the population and for that matter why don't we have a black relationships only thread or asians only thread or sex with sheep thread. This is what I think he was getting at. People aren't discriminating, people don't want to be discriminated themselves and this thread can be misconstrued as a person discriminating themselves against the rest of the population is all.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,968,064 times
Just my two cents but I think you should have kept it just the gay chat thread - when you invite straight people into question you, you are asking for trouble. There are a lot of haters. You could have had a nice thread for yourselves.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I think the point he is making is you would probably help any woman in the same circumstances and their sexual preference really has nothing to do with it. A relationship is a relationship irregardless of how you prefer sex. You may be straight, but I don't isolate you based on whether you like it on top or doggie style. Having a thread dedicated to one's sexual orientation is sometimes taken as people voluntarily isolating themselves from the rest of the population and for that matter why don't we have a black relationships only thread or asians only thread or sex with sheep thread. This is what I think he was getting at. People aren't discriminating, people don't want to be discriminated themselves and this thread can be misconstrued as a person discriminating themselves against the rest of the population is all.
I would help ANY women in circumstance where they needed my help. If they are lesbians and need some male muscle to push it up a hill when it dies, I'm most likely going to help. It's just more lesbians ride Harleys than straight women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Just my two cents but I think you should have kept it just the gay chat thread - when you invite straight people into question you, you are asking for trouble. There are a lot of haters. You could have had a nice thread for yourselves.
Nah, I can talk to anyone. I talk about things we have in common. I could care less about who they choose to have a romantic relationship with at that point. I'd prefer a gay over a straight serial killer any day!

Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,968,064 times
It's just not going to be a gay relationship thread - it can't be - straight people have already taken over.

You could have had a nice little straight-free zone for yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships