Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tall women, would you date or marry a short man?
Yes 51 53.13%
No 45 46.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:14 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
"...if you were to poll females, you would find that they supposedly prefer males who are taller than themselves. Despite this, a male's height is of no significance to his success with women, as it is not the actual height that turns women on, but the feeling it creates in them - a feeling of being feminine, smaller and better protected by looking up to someone physicaly larger. Although males in general are taller than females, a male does not have to be taller than the woman he wants,m as long as he is more masculine and able to give her the same feelings that a taller male tends to give initially: the appearance of being dominant and more protective.

Once again, it is the confidence and charm that matter, and if time proves that the taller male lacks both confidence and charm, he will still fail with women. A shorter male with the right manners can still have women look up to him; they will just look up to him in another way, the way that actualy matters to them. Women will fall for a shorter male with confidence and charm any day over a male who is taller but lacks those traits, and most males, including the tall ones, lack both."

W.Anton

THis man is brilliantwhen it comes to male/female dynamics and he once again is spot on.
I can't argue with that. Neither would my wife.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Look, this is silly. There are women out there who will date/marry a man shorter than they are (I happen to be one) and there are men out there who won't automatically reject a girl for being taller than him. Some people have a list of what they want in a life partner and physical appearance has very little to do with it.

All the same, I agree that there is a general societal preference from both the male and female genders that the male be the taller one. Men are just as guilty as women on this one, rejecting the taller girls as quickly as women reject the shorter guys. So I definitely sympathize with the situation anyone with unusual attributes is in. I've lived it myself.

But really, it's no different from what anyone else goes through dating. You may get rejected for your height, but the next guy is rejected for his income, the next guy because he's got bad teeth, the next guy for his weight. The next girl is rejected because she's got too big a behind, the next girl because her breasts are too small, the next because she's too this or that.

We could all sit in a circle and whine about how unfair the world is, but the truth is, that's just damn unattractive. The people who get the guy/girl? They've decided not to sit around like a bitter old stump moaning about how mean the opposite sex can be. They've adopted the attitude of, "Anyone so superficial to reject me for this isn't the sort of person I'm interested in anyway. Far better that I not waste my time."
I could sit here and whine about being somewhat short (5'8") and women not wanting to date me, but I think I'm going to go home and have sex with my gorgeous 6'3" wife while the kids are at their grandmothers house instead.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
CRap....I better give my husband a heads up!!
Don't tell my wife either.

I don't think Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise split up because she was taller than him, either.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM

296 posts, read 571,724 times
I wish I could respond to this thread, but I'm retired from making comments about heightism and such.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
I could sit here and whine about being somewhat short (5'8") and women not wanting to date me, but I think I'm going to go home and have sex with my gorgeous 6'3" wife while the kids are at their grandmothers house instead.

Sounds good Super Dave.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:26 PM

262 posts, read 547,031 times
Yes.

I'm 5'9, and my height limit is nothing under 5'7.

But if he is 5'7, he needs to be muscular so he can at least look bigger than me... which won't be much trouble since I'm skinny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships