Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM

673 posts, read 3,091,695 times

Advertisements

I have grown up hearing women are equal to men in everything. In fact, I heard from girls they can be as strong as men and should be allowed to fight in combat! However, women's supposed desire to be equal to men seems to be limited to work and non-relationship type settings. They definitely want men lead relationships. Here are 3 simple examples of this (probably many more can be given):

1.) Most women don't approach guy. Men are still supposed to hit on girls and ask them out.

2.) Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.

3.) I have never heard of a women KNEELING down and proposing to man. Most women don't propose to men and ones that do probably won't be going down on their knees!

I think women really should be equal in all aspects to men. Women should be willing take the lead (see the above) at least 50% of the time. To me it seem like women only want equality if it benefits them!

Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
To put it plainly, it's about sex. Women want and need to feel desirable. Taking the lead, asking a man out, etc. doesn't make a woman feel desirable or sexy.

The end.

P.S. The most common sexual fantasy for women is to be "taken" and ravaged by a big, strong man who finds her irresistible.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 PM

673 posts, read 3,091,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
To put it plainly, it's about sex. Women want and need to feel desirable. Taking the lead, asking a man out, etc. doesn't make a woman feel desirable or sexy.

The end.

P.S. The most common sexual fantasy for women is to be "taken" and ravaged by a big, strong man who finds her irresistible.
I actually sort of see that. However, I wish women would come out and say it straight that they don't want be equal in leading relationships. The relationship paradigm seem so different from equality you hear women demand. It can get confusing for guys if they don't clearly hear "relationship leadership is exempt from equality". BTW, I still do think this is unfair making men do all the work in leading a relationship.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,129,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
I have grown up hearing women are equal to men in everything. In fact, I heard from girls they can be as strong as men and should be allowed to fight in combat! However, women's supposed desire to be equal to men seems to be limited to work and non-relationship type settings. They definitely want men lead relationships. Here are 3 simple examples of this (probably many more can be given):

1.) Most women don't approach guy. Men are still supposed to hit on girls and ask them out.

2.) Women want men to make decisions, like where to go on vacation, on dates, etc. Often I hear women complaining of their men leaves it up to them.

3.) I have never heard of a women KNEELING down and proposing to man. Most women don't propose to men and ones that do probably won't be going down on their knees!

I think women really should be equal in all aspects to men. Women should be willing take the lead (see the above) at least 50% of the time. To me it seem like women only want equality if it benefits them!
I'm sorry, but that's the nature of the sexes: equal in human dignity, but much different in behavior. Men are naturally the active component of the relationship and females the passive component, despite all the brainwashing conducted by the feminist movement over the last 40 years.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:46 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post

I am all for equality. I will do the stuff she wants a man for though. Haha I also can use or show my power if and when she needs it. If some guy is following her.... I'll get rid of him! If she needs someone to stand in front at a social gathering or party because she is bashful, I'll do that to. I don't have "that" problem. I like being front on center of the stage. It's not my fault. I'm a natural born leader and risk taker. I'm not the guy in the corner! If she wants to be up front and in the spotlight.... at HER request I'll step back a few and let her up.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I am all for equality. I will do the stuff she wants a man for though. Haha I also can use or show my power if and when she needs it. If some guy is following her.... I'll get rid of him! If she needs someone to stand in front at a social gathering or party because she is bashful, I'll do that to. I don't have "that" problem. I like being front on center of the stage. It's not my fault. I'm a natural born leader and risk taker. I'm not the guy in the corner! If she wants to be up front and in the spotlight.... at HER request I'll step back a few and let her up.
forget it... some get it & some just don't. Or they don't want to.

In my life I've never known so many people confused by gender roles it interchanges, sometimes I want to be treated like a lady, sometimes I want you to kill the cockroach. All the time: treat people with respect. Its not friggen hard

Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post

The end.

I want so badly to disagree with you, but I don't. This is true, at least for me anyway.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
forget it... some get it & some just don't. Or they don't want to.

In my life I've never known so many people confused by gender roles it interchanges, sometimes I want to be treated like a lady, sometimes I want you to kill the cockroach. All the time: treat people with respect. Its not friggen hard
Smart men always get it. We never had to learn it!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
This thread is bogus. I know plenty of women who lead their men 99.99999% of the time.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This thread is bogus. I know plenty of women who lead their men 99.99999% of the time.
They didn't read my thread that most guys don't like it. 50/50 For me unless I'm told otherwise. I can do 75/25 or 25/75. I'm flexible in more ways than one! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships