Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:39 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times

Advertisements

Indeed BBJ

@Cali, yeah I was thinking of going to the bowling alley in Stamp. I have indeed looked into ZipCar membership, unfortunately I think you need to be 21. My dad does have a membership, but I'm concerned about the legality of me borrowing his card so I can use one. Not that I drive in a manner that could get me pulled over, but if some bonehead hits the car then that'll result in a real headache.

e: Nevermind, I think you can register as a student under 21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,949,601 times
I think UM actually has a car share program, don't they? They implemented it the year after I graduated, I think.

Yeah, Terp Zone was our first date! DH bowled the whole night left handed to try to let me win (he's a right-y), and still beat me. I found out later that he was on a bowling league as a kid--our new rule is if I get more than half his score, I win I think we went out to Applebees afterwards, since it's basically the nicest restaurant in college park.

We also went to several movies in the Hoff (cheap!), went to on campus concerts or lectures (free!) and went to festivals on campus together. Invite her to wander Maryland Day with you next month if your date(s) go well until then. It's a lot of fun--you can pet the farm animals, explore the engineering robots, make art projects, etc. A day to be a kid

We cooked dinner in his apartment early on in our relationship too. It was an all afternoon affair, which was great for "getting to know you". We found a recipe, went grocery shopping together, cooked, and ate. You get creative when you're on a college student's budget.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
They have two carpooling programs as well as ZipCar:

DOTS :: Share the Ride

That's not a bad idea at all, CaliTerp, thank you

Old 03-05-2011, 08:05 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
They have two carpooling programs as well as ZipCar:

DOTS :: Share the Ride

That's not a bad idea at all, CaliTerp, thank you
The main point is making it something out of the ordinary and something SHE won't ever forget. Don't be a drag.... be a COOL date! Haha

Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,240 times
If you want to do something "out of the box" try one of these ideas: Fun Mama: Date Night in Northern Virginia (http://www.funmama.org/2011/05/date-night-in-northern-virginia.html - broken link)

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Hmmm, Coffee shops, a play, museum exhibit, comedy club, fancy restaurant or family stlye Itailian (have you ever been to them?! They are sooo cool!) I saw the Blue men preform it rocked! And always remember you can go to a loud thing first then go for drinks. You have your experience that you just went to, to talk about. It makes it soooo much more comfortable. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships