Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM

19 posts, read 29,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that's total BS! You don't have, have had, or will have sex with friends.
okay, well then maybe we were never friends?

I don't know. Everything is just confusing I guess. I'm just taking each day at a time and living life, taking whatever is thrown my way and deciding what I want to do.

:/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicxx View Post

I don't know. Everything is just confusing I guess. I'm just taking each day at a time and living life, taking whatever is thrown my way and deciding what I want to do.

Well, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with the man you're also having sex and relationship with! Your generation seems to like compartmentalization too much.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,341 times
Quote:

I think you guys are friends...that somehow ended in bed together...

What do you want to do?

1. Do you like the boy enough to want to start a relationship with?

2. Do you just want to keep it light as a FWB relationship?

3. Or are you looking for something else?

Do note that the first two options has a very high chance of leading up to mental/emotional pain.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM

19 posts, read 29,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I think you guys are friends...that somehow ended in bed together...

What do you want to do?

1. Do you like the boy enough to want to start a relationship with?

2. Do you just want to keep it light as a FWB relationship?

3. Or are you looking for something else?

Do note that the first two options has a very high chance of leading up to mental/emotional pain.
Either of the first two options, though I do realize how the outcome will probably be.

However, I think maybe more 2 than 1 in some ways.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times
Quote:
I've read, most people agree that it's simply just for the pleasure of the sex and not much more. Meaning not usually staying over and, from how I've taken things, none of the little extra things like the cute kisses. Or am I wrong?

I've been telling myself to not get attached and to not develop feelings, but this is making a bit hard.

Does anyone have any opinions or advice on my situation?

No, FWB doesn't have to mean only about sex, it can be friendship and being attracted to each other also. What is does usually mean though is the people involved have a life happening that makes commiting difficult. Or because they like each other but know that a full blown relationship would be difficult.

The problem is sometimes one winds up wanting more and feelings become real deep.

For instance most Hollywood stars who marry each other would be better of staying FWB, because their lifestyle usually dooms a marriage. Which is when I hear that star X and star Y just married I give them 3 or 4 years max before you hear of their divorce.....

Old 03-09-2011, 02:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
What is does usually mean though is the people involved have a life happening that makes commiting difficult.
Or... they're commitment phobes!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,087,369 times
Quote:

And this is exactly why you need to step away.

I'm sorry but what happens when the condom breaks or your pill fails and you get pregnant? Are you ready for that?

Are you okay with him sleeping with someone else as a FWB and then coming to you the next night for some action as well?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,095,551 times
Quote:
There is this guy I've been talking to since about December. He's very attractive and we have similar interests. We go to the same school and met online before we met in person and are both around the same age (20 and 21). We would talk pretty often on facebook and exchanged numbers and then finally met randomly one day at school. After that, we hung out a few times in february. He had always mentioned cuddling and stuff, so I was excited to see where this would go.

After hanging out for the first time, he texted me to let me know that he wasn't looking for anything serious. I said I wasn't really either, so we agreed on cuddling next time we were to hang out. So that's what we did. Plus making out.

A few weeks later though, he asked me to stay the night. I did, and things went quite a bit further. I lost my virginity to him. The way I've been looking at this relationship is just as friends with benefits. But the same thing happened again last night, only this time, I was awoken by a morning kiss and left with a kiss goodbye as I left.

I know everyone has different takes on friends with benefits relationships, but from what I've read, most people agree that it's simply just for the pleasure of the sex and not much more. Meaning not usually staying over and, from how I've taken things, none of the little extra things like the cute kisses. Or am I wrong?

I've been telling myself to not get attached and to not develop feelings, but this is making a bit hard.

To each their own..I had them when I was single..dont regret it at all.
If your ok with it...have fun and enjoy..

Old 03-09-2011, 03:48 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,409,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Or... they're commitment phobes!

Maybe, sometimes I think I might be. But then again if the right one came along I wouldn't mind. The problem is the right one has got some high standards to live up to to be the right one, which she probably doesn't exist except in my mind.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,199,764 times
Quote:
There is this guy I've been talking to since about December. He's very attractive and we have similar interests. We go to the same school and met online before we met in person and are both around the same age (20 and 21). We would talk pretty often on facebook and exchanged numbers and then finally met randomly one day at school. After that, we hung out a few times in february. He had always mentioned cuddling and stuff, so I was excited to see where this would go.

After hanging out for the first time, he texted me to let me know that he wasn't looking for anything serious. I said I wasn't really either, so we agreed on cuddling next time we were to hang out. So that's what we did. Plus making out.

A few weeks later though, he asked me to stay the night. I did, and things went quite a bit further. I lost my virginity to him. The way I've been looking at this relationship is just as friends with benefits. But the same thing happened again last night, only this time, I was awoken by a morning kiss and left with a kiss goodbye as I left.

I know everyone has different takes on friends with benefits relationships, but from what I've read, most people agree that it's simply just for the pleasure of the sex and not much more. Meaning not usually staying over and, from how I've taken things, none of the little extra things like the cute kisses. Or am I wrong?

Yes. There is no such thing as Friends With Benefits. It is a noxious lie. Not because of the morality (Which could be debated ad nauseam with no clear winner), but rather because when two people regularly do the humpalumpadingdong, then somebody's going to fall for the other.

Trust me. You'll start out with, "It's just sex." You'll both agree to this. However, over the next few weeks, somebody will get sore that the other person didn't call. And gets his or her feelings hurt because their bedmate is out with someone else. There is the inevitable dustup and, bingo, no more friend, let alone friend with benefits.

The other thing? With STDs and Pregnancy, you really need to like the person you're with. Because it might wind up a lifetime involvement, no matter how casual you thought that roll in the hay was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships