Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,920,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
What if he was from a 3rd world country? Would you be willing to marry him (no fancy big shiny ring, remember, he's from a 3rd world country)? Let's not forget that it would probably not be a big fancy glamorous wedding. It would if you would be willing to spend a lot of money on your wedding and your own engagement ring. Would you be willing to put him in school, get him a car, provide, send money to his family whenever there was an opportunity, etc.? These are things men do normally when they marry women from 3rd world countries.

I know a lot of people who were born and raised in 3rd world countries and they are doing very well for themselves in the states, this post sounds like you thing immigrant from 3rd world country=unsuccessful in the states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,376,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I went to Philippines once, and saw many an American there having a great time with the local women, the women there are very attractive, attentive and gracious, even though I am not an American, I could find a lot of women too who are very desirable, a lot of them express interest in men no matter whether you get them to USA or want to settle down in any other place, I have never found anyone of them being interested in a man's money, they are just attracted to what good women are attracted to, a man's personality, charm and overall package.
Until they come here, and get the green card. Then they divorce. I have seen it many times.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,320,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I went to Philippines once, and saw many an American there having a great time with the local women, the women there are very attractive, attentive and gracious, even though I am not an American, I could find a lot of women too who are very desirable, a lot of them express interest in men no matter whether you get them to USA or want to settle down in any other place, I have never found anyone of them being interested in a man's money, they are just attracted to what good women are attracted to, a man's personality, charm and overall package.
Aww, well, ask Fillipino men what women want from American men...they will tell you....a ticket to the US, or what you can buy them.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:00 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,376,244 times
bottom line, if you are not lazy or if you are not poor back home (and I lived there for 22 years) you do not have to sell yourself either by becoming a sex worker or a mail ordered bride.

But not everyone is lucky. Some people have to get ahead anyway they can. Once they come here and legally they can make money without a man, things change.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,920,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Aww, well, ask Fillipino men what women want from American men...they will tell you....a ticket to the US, or what you can buy them.

REALLY? Such igorance in this thread...its really sad to see

Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 PM

19,757 posts, read 20,317,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC
What is wrong with being successful and with a girl from a different culture?
I don't think anything is wrong with Love.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:03 PM

817 posts, read 812,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Until they come here, and get the green card. Then they divorce. I have seen it many times.

Wow, generalization much, my team lead is a Filipino lady who married a White guy back in 1983, they are still going strong, have a son who's 28 and married and a daughter who's 27 and going to med school, I would want to show your insightful post to her.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
REALLY? Such igorance in this thread...its really sad to see
A bunch of bitter American women, what else would you expect except ignorance

Old 03-11-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
If that's all they want, why would any Filipino woman show interest in me, knowing fully well that I am not American, it's beyond the understanding of most women in this thread that those women can provide everything to a caring and loyal man irrespective of his American or non American status, and the best thing they can provide is love, which most American women don't provide these days to their men.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:09 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Why don't all the American men who detest American women and somehow happen to know ALL of us and what we believe move to one of these foreign countries where the women are just dying to wait on them and give them everything their heart's desire? I will tell you why because the only reason foreign women even look at most of them is to come to the US. Also, as a half Brazilian woman try making one of us subservient...and see what happens. It isn't going to fly, and you will have one angry woman on your hands.
The Japanese women I’ve had a relationship with or dated while living in Japan didn’t have a dying desire to move to the USA. Same with other asian countries I have visited or lived at. Many rather stay at their country than go to a country where they can't speak the language or be close to their people. And then you have those you mention of course.

Like I said, there are things Asian women can do just fine and happy that western women would just find it insulting, wrong, inappropriate, against traditions, etc. Other things Asian women might not consider appropriate to do while western women find it normal. Every culture has its thing. I happen to prefer Asian women. Still, I go out with western women regardless. Heck, I will be going out with a Mexican girl tonight and on Sunday. No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I know a lot of people who were born and raised in 3rd world countries and they are doing very well for themselves in the states, this post sounds like you thing immigrant from 3rd world country=unsuccessful in the states
Nope. The poster was saying something about not having a problem being with a man from a 3rd world country. So I asked what you read and that’s when she agreed that she wouldn’t really want to take care of a man the same way men normally take care of women. I somehow expected that answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships