Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I've said this multiple times. Vasectomies can fail.

I see how no one answered my question of what they think I should do if I had sex and it resulted in pregnancy.

I take the silence to mean the posters don't want to admit I'm right and there's a slight chance of pregnancy no matter how many precautions you take.

And I don't want to have sex at all, let alone with an old person that went through menopause.
You are making excuses.

If you don't want kids, then don't have sex with someone who can become pregnant.

There are plenty of younger women who for medical reasons cannot reproduce.

If you have such an aversion to reproducing I think there could be an underlying mental health issue that you have. Because you have an irrational fear of reproducing.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
If I had sex and ended up with a baby, what do you recommend I do? I've asked this question before, but I never got a clear answer.

I would be devastated.

I have a feeling the posters think I should just accept the fact if I had sex and became a dad. I also have a feeling the reason they never give a clear answer is because they realize I'm right and it might result in pregnancy if I had sex.

There is no foolproof way to prevent a pregnancy (other than abstinence). What's wrong with wanting to prevent something that would make me devastated?

The only reason I'm asking this is because you mentioned intimacy

And it's my sex life. If I don't want sex, why do the other posters want me to have sex? I'm content without sex, so why do the posters think I should change that?

I suggested it because you seem to have a highly irrational fear of getting someone pregnant. I appreciate that you are so cautious. I don't personally think you are ready for sex, judging from your posts here, of course.

I just thought a good counselor could help you. You seem to be really struggling over this issue, that's all.

You are right. You could get an infertile woman pregnant even if you'd had a vasectomy. The child would likely be worshipped as a diety, because the chances are probably higher that I'll win Powerball very soon. I don't actually play Powerball, btw.

Why are you so afraid of having kids?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:29 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
So when you took drivers ed and they told you there is no full-proof way to NEVER be involved in a car accident because you cant assume everyone is as safe a driver as you might be...did you decide to never drive either? Out of pure fear of having an accident? The likelihood of getting in an accident is just as high if not higher than the likelihood of having a kid when using protection. But somehow I bet your still driving.

There's definitely something deeper going on here.
I actually don't drive. I've said before on this forum that I don't have a car anymore because my parents didn't let me take a car to college and I can't afford one.

And for your information, I caused a crash when I was 16.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:31 PM

380 posts, read 795,544 times
Quote:
I actually don't drive. I've said before on this forum that I don't have a car anymore because my parents didn't let me take a car to college and I can't afford one.

And for your information, I caused a crash when I was 16.

Regardless, are you never going to drive again?

If thats the case, you dont have to worry about having sex ever or ever finding a girlfriend for that matter. Case closed.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:32 PM

697 posts, read 1,281,198 times
quack quack

Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I suggested it because you seem to have a highly irrational fear of getting someone pregnant. I appreciate that you are so cautious. I don't personally think you are ready for sex, judging from your posts here, of course.

I just thought a good counselor could help you. You seem to be really struggling over this issue, that's all.

You are right. You could get an infertile woman pregnant even if you'd had a vasectomy. The child would likely be worshipped as a diety, because the chances are probably higher that I'll win Powerball very soon. I don't actually play Powerball, btw.

Why are you so afraid of having kids?
Because they would ruin my life and they don't fit into the lifestyle I want. It's just a preference.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:

If thats the case, you dont have to worry about having sex ever or ever finding a girlfriend for that matter. Case closed.
I hope to drive again. But driving is different. I'm willing to accept the risk.

If I died in a car crash, at least I would be dead so I wouldn't suffer.

If I had a baby, my life would be ruined for the next 18-22+ years

Old 03-14-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Or, he could move to NYC. Take the subway.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I hope to drive again. But driving is different. I'm willing to accept the risk.

If I died in a car crash, at least I would be dead so I wouldn't suffer.

If I had a baby, my life would be ruined for the next 18-22+ years
Why do you think this?

Did someone tell you that you ruined their life by being born?

Do you know someone who said this to their child?

I have 3 kids. They've made my life better. Not worse.

Not saying you'd be parent material right now. Just saying you should probably talk through your fears with a professional.

If you never want to be a parent, that's one thing. But, being so afraid of it that you refuse sexual intimacy in a love relationship is a MAJOR problem.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Because they would ruin my life and they don't fit into the lifestyle I want. It's just a preference.
Ahhhh. Describe the lifestyle you want.

I'm not saying you should ever have kids. They're not for everyone.

Just indulge me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships