Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 AM

817 posts, read 812,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
This was definitely ME for some years, until I broke out of my shyness! Most men and women don't want a shy person for a relationship.......just too hard to have fun with during social events or whenever. As for me, I combined humor with some sarcasim and stopped being so darn quiet and reserved. And, on top of that, I absolutely HATED being single and my wife felt the same when I met her......I was truely LUCKY!!
I have never been a shy person, at social events, I am one of the most talkative persons, and I have a healthy dose of humor too, so it's not like I am a shy, reserved person, however, I don't try to play fancy games and brag about myself or what I have done in order to attract women, when I said I am unassuming, what I meant was that I don't bend over backwards to try to charm a woman, I have observed that a lot of people do the same, some of my friends have even told me that it's the only way to impress a woman, however, I would never try to act what I am not to impress anyone, what I am should be pretty likeable for the most part, I am fit, humorous, very social, always tend to give advise to people and yes, I do dress well, my only beef being that most women tend to overlook that and for some reason, like the braggart in the room, and unlike some people in this thread who say they love men yet think they can judge them without knowing even an iota about them, I don't judge people in real life when I have no clue about what they are in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM

7 posts, read 9,382 times
Default If you only knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed View Post
Ty all for the encouraging replies.

If you only knew how many of us married guys wish we had your problem! Just aim to be happy, that's all thats important.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:55 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,482,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Firstly, you should read completely before you assume things, secondly, I agree with you, I am my own worst enemy at times, but there are times where my assumptions about a lot of women are on the money too, I am not saying all the time, however, there have been instances where I was right about the vibe I had been getting from some of the women. That said, having a positive outlook towards life does help, woman or no woman. And quite frankly, I try to be online what I can't be in real life, you could call it my alter ego, so no, I am not negative towards anyone in real life, I am mostly very polite and unassuming, I don't try to play any stupid games to impress women, I just try to be myself, I don't think too many women like men who just carry themselves unassumingly, atleast that's what I have seen for the most part.
It's not only you but all of us from time to time are our own worse enemy. I'm guilty of that and need to remind myself not to think a certain way or do something that I know I shouldn't.

I'm glad to hear that you are not having an attitude against women or in fact against anyone in life. I guess the net is somewhere where we can all blow off some steam now and then and go back to being ourselves in real life.

Now there are some bad people in both women and men, no doubt about that. But for the most part, I believe that most people are good and not out to take advantage of others.

If some of these people are finding more people that are taking advantage of others then they have to check themselves to see why they are attracted or attracting people like that.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,482,383 times
I just have to say that I do love men but right now it's me time. I just brought a new home and am an entrepreneur so I'm very busy right now and wouldn't have the time and effort to make a relationship work. But once everything calms down, I might think of having another relationship. No matter what, I do love my life!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,627 times
i don't believe in setting a perfect time for relationships to happen/occur/get hit by a truck in someone's life....

it will happen when it does. i like to focus on keeping myself happy and i am so over trying to find a man, catch a man, keep a man. i want happiness, peace, and to do good things for the world and be good to myself. period

i googled "why you need a man" the other day because past the romantic nature/support factor - i can't seem to find any reasons why it's as "essential" as others claim it to be.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 PM

334 posts, read 529,123 times
I think there are some people who are born to be married... or maybe groomed to be married... I dunno. Either way, I'm one of those people, so no, I do not enjoy singleness.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,712,349 times
In and of itself I don't mind being single, however I do mind being alone.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:13 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
In and of itself I don't mind being single, however I do mind being alone.
^^This.

I am married now, but that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the whole notion of singlehood in general.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,112,103 times
Im 30 and never been in a relationship because women arent attracted to me..

Part of me likes it because i like my space and freedom and dont know if i can handle being around the same person all the time but part of me does get lonely once in awhile and would like to feel wanted by someone whos female..

Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,393 times
It's been my experience that anyone who tells you there's something wrong with being single has no idea who you are and what you want in life, period. They forget that we as individuals make can make choices for ourselves, they're too concerned with how others see them and they're not true friends if they make you feel guilty for being single.

Some people have very good reasons for staying single, doesn't stop them from dating and "fooling around" but marriage is out of the question, just ask George Clooney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships