Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I knew what you meant

You could go back and edit your post to put silly in quotation marks - that way no one else would misunderstand you
Done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,482,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He lost his job due to the abuse of his first wife. I have to wonder if she knew this.
I would think she would. I'm not blaming the victim at all BUT we do have to take responsibility for our actions. There are consequences to our actions whether good or bad.

Not to go off subject, but I wish Natalee Halloway would have used more common sense then to go off with 3 strange boys. I always wondered why the other girls in her group or the chaperons didn't stop her from leaving the bar with them.

So many people take the "What you do in Vegas, stays in Vegas" mentality when they vacation.

I wish Natalee's mother would go to high schools and colleges telling young people the dangers of not going off with strangers.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Which is why I said on this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...acting-ex.html that sometimes it's a good idea to contact the ex.
I don't believe in contacting the ex. You can see "red flags" of an abuser and she should have picked them up when she was dating him. Hot tempered, controlling, etc. - those traits were there when they were dating, I'm sure.

There are some people that are good at hiding their true self but still going to an ex will always be different because some people are different in each dating situations.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Which is why I said on this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...acting-ex.html that sometimes it's a good idea to contact the ex.
You know, I wonder. It seems like such an invasion of privacy to me and I really can't say that I would trust the word of an ex, though it may have saved me a lot of grief. In this case, he was a cop and lost his job. No telling what he may have said to his new wife, that he left to pursue a career as a PA....or maybe she knew and figured he would be different with her, as many women do. Either way, this kind of thing is so out there that the average bear couldn't really see it as something that could or would happen to them until they're already knee deep in it.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I would think she would. I'm not blaming the victim at all BUT we do have to take responsibility for our actions. There are consequences to our actions whether good or bad.
Absolutely. Still, it is easy for us to say this, being on this end of what happened to her. I would love for her family to share her experiences someday, if for no other reason than to educate about the warning signs.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:58 PM

334 posts, read 529,156 times
Quote:
It was sarcasm. We've had many discussions here on this topic where so many people think it's that easy to walk away, that these women are asking for it and they enjoy being in these situations.
Ohhhhh I see. Gotcha.

Okay, point and laugh at the newbie. LOL!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:33 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,241,846 times
Quote:
I wish Natalee's mother would go to high schools and colleges telling young people the dangers of not going off with strangers.
She does. On a regular basis.

Last edited by Keeper; 03-17-2011 at 03:19 PM..

Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,701,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
Ohhhhh I see. Gotcha.

Okay, point and laugh at the newbie. LOL!
Not your fault, it can be hard to tell sarcasm from seriousness online.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 PM

78,672 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
He lost his job due to the abuse of his first wife. I have to wonder if she knew this.
Some people do not do proper due diligence or for some reason are desperate or crazy enough to overlook or dismiss information like that.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. Still, it is easy for us to say this, being on this end of what happened to her. I would love for her family to share her experiences someday, if for no other reason than to educate about the warning signs.
I agree. Now, don't shoot me down but both were Italian and their culture is known for men being men and women being women. I think all the signs were there but she dismissed them thinking he was just being a man. She could have grown up believing that.

With my own culture and family, there was alot of inappropriate and bad signs and I didn't "get it" until I was much older. So sometimes our upbringing can do us in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships