Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM

199 posts, read 490,930 times

Advertisements

I have a huge crush on one of my friends she has one on me too. The problem is that I feel as though relationship wise she is very incompatible with me. This is the main reason why I avoid asking her out because I know it will be a huge disaster. There are certain traits that can be tolerated friendship wise but I know it would create too many problems if we were to get into a relationship. Because of that I try not to show my feeling towards her so I am sure she doesn't know I feel I do about her, but she keeps coming on the me and for whatever reason I cannot make myself avoid her. I don't know her for that long only for a few months. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Run away! If you can...

Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
This is a tough spot to be in. People always talk about chemistry and how important it is. You could have everything in common with someone, but if you have no chemistry then it really doesn't matter. The opposite is just as bad though. I remember meeting someone I had great chemistry with. But I realized early on that we were too different and had no long-term compatibility. On the one hand, you could try to pursue something and if it doesn't work out, then at least you know tried. That's certainly better than not trying and always wondering what might've been. In this case, there's the problem of already being friends. You could try to be more than friends, but if it doesn't work out, can you go back to just being friends? And how will you react when you see her with someone else? I guess you have to ask yourself how important is the friendship and are you willing to risk it. Also, are you looking for something long-term? If you're not, then compatibility isn't all that important.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM

469 posts, read 1,256,616 times
Relationships always involve resolving differences — nothing lost by giving it a try.

You don't want a clone, right? Opposites attract, in many senses, and that can be where the fun occurs.

What's the general basis for your assertion that you might not be compatible?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:14 AM

199 posts, read 490,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This is a tough spot to be in. People always talk about chemistry and how important it is. You could have everything in common with someone, but if you have no chemistry then it really doesn't matter. The opposite is just as bad though. I remember meeting someone I had great chemistry with. But I realized early on that we were too different and had no long-term compatibility. On the one hand, you could try to pursue something and if it doesn't work out, then at least you know tried. That's certainly better than not trying and always wondering what might've been. In this case, there's the problem of already being friends. You could try to be more than friends, but if it doesn't work out, can you go back to just being friends? And how will you react when you see her with someone else? I guess you have to ask yourself how important is the friendship and are you willing to risk it. Also, are you looking for something long-term? If you're not, then compatibility isn't all that important.
Chemistry wise we click very well. I can tell from the first day I met her that she was interested. I don't see the point of dating someone that I know I won't last more than like 2 weeks with. She has been hinting that we should go out and stuff but I made it very clear that I only see her as a friend. Regardless she continues with her flirting ways and does things to get my attention. Im not gonna lie we don't have much in common but that isn't a problem with me, my problem is that she has this leverage problem. Shes one of those people that wants things done only her way and shes very selfish. I am even scared to have flings with her because she mentioned to me that she wants to have a lot of kids and at a young age so I have a feeling that shes somehow gonna get preggors.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
I am even scared to have flings with her because she mentioned to me that she wants to have a lot of kids and at a young age so I have a feeling that shes somehow gonna get preggors.
Sounds like it's definitely not worth the risk.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:53 AM

469 posts, read 1,256,616 times
Quote:
Shes one of those people that wants things done only her way and shes very selfish.
Yeah, stay away from her.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
I am even scared to have flings with her because she mentioned to me that she wants to have a lot of kids and at a young age so I have a feeling that shes somehow gonna get preggors.

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/157/original/Atrapitis.gif (broken link)

Keep making clear to her that you are a friend. Anything else...see picture.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,130 times
this situation is kind of sad. just b/c she said she wants to have kids at an early age does NOT mean she's gonna get preggors.

this girl really likes you and if you don't like her and will not pursue it, just freaking say something already. make it direct and clear. b/c you'll more than likely hurt her more by not preventing her advances and not verbalizing your intent to NEVER enter a relationship with her

she seem nice. and you should be flattered. now have a discussion with her and at least give her that closure to go pursue other guys who will actually be interested back.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:08 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
The attraction is there obviously so why not have some NSA sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships