Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 12:48 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Lately it seems that I've met a few guys that unfortunately (for me) have had vasectomies.
My question is, are there any guys left out there that still want kids? (and get married?)
Absolutely not I don't believe in marriage and having kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,425,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
My question is, are there any guys left out there that still want kids? (and get married?)
Obviously there is or there would not be as many marriages and births as there are. The question here appears to answer itself, or am I missing the full force of the intention behind it?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
What kind of question is this?

The overwhelming majority of all men and women want to have children at some point in their lives.

Childfree people (people who don't have any kids, don't want to have kids at any point in their lives and are perfectly happy without children) are a minority. Always have and always will be. I have the opposite problem. I can't find any eligible single childfree men near me. I don't want to waste my time with a man who isn't 100% childfree. I don't trust men who want kids (in dating, not in general). I'd be too paranoid that he would poke holes in condoms to try to make me pregnant against my will.

The biological urge to reproduce is too strong for most people to ignore.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the 42 million divorce victims (since 1795 no fault divorce) remind me of the 42 million russians killed in WWII by the germans.
Oh Jesus. Huck, you really need help.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 PM

24 posts, read 46,034 times
Another take on this question is whether there are any men who would like lots of kids, a big family. I have one child but am now a single mum, and would love three more, four more would in fact be perfect, making it five, my dream number. When I say I want that many kids the blood visibly drains from people's faces. It's not something I would do without being able to afford it obviously, but nonetheless, I've never met any man who wanted more than two kids so I think I am alone in my desires.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:07 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
I am a single full time dad, and I adore my kids. I don't think I would like to start all over, but have chosen not to get snipped just in case the right person comes along, and it is something she may want. Being a parent is sublime, and I can't rule out that I, myself, might at some point feel that empty nest syndrome. I guess time will tell.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:14 PM

339 posts, read 379,795 times
A man would have to be insane to have children in this day and age.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:22 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
Another take on this question is whether there are any men who would like lots of kids, a big family. I have one child but am now a single mum, and would love three more, four more would in fact be perfect, making it five, my dream number. When I say I want that many kids the blood visibly drains from people's faces. It's not something I would do without being able to afford it obviously, but nonetheless, I've never met any man who wanted more than two kids so I think I am alone in my desires.
Religious men and men from African/Asian/Hispanic/Eastern European backgrounds.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
I would like more than one child...depending on my finances maybe up to 3 after I determine how much my wife's body can take before being ruined. lol sort of joking but concerned

Old 02-01-2014, 01:05 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I have heard the opposite, that American men are MORE family oriented and ready to settle down than men from many cultures. Of course, I haven't traveled/lived enough places to say if this is true, but it's what I've heard from a lot of people.

I find it amusing that the same day, or the next day after this thread was created, another woman created a thread with the opposite problem: all the men she was dating wanted to start a family lol.
We have a very heterogeneous demographic and culture here in America which didn't really confuse anyone until the interwebz hit unless they were a transplant into another region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships