Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
I have a question. Every time a guy hits on me or tries to flirt, I get really pissed off.

What's wrong with me? It really ruins my inner peace and I wish I could just wear a sign that says "if you are looking for anything more than friendship, then back off"

I'm sending all these negative vibes and attention from any guy really stresses me out. There was this guy in one of my classes - goodlooking but he just would not shut up and I was trying to pay attention to the coursework.

HOw can I become a more pleasant and kind person? How can I better handle these situations? I think I just brutally crush/offend guys who try to be nice and it's not that I want to.... but I try to make myself clear..... And I hate being in that situation.

Like laughing at a guy's stupid jokes that are not funny to not hurt his feelings (done that, it gets tiring)
Going off on someone because he suggested that we have a lot in common

Really I am on a roll.

I think it might be b/c I like someone else and right now is not a good time for me to get into these things anyway.... How can I send this message out loud and clear?

This post makes me feel sorry for men. If they are just being pleasant, you treat them badly. Wow....ease up. When guys ask me out, I am honest and tell them I am involved right now. Just flirting a little never hurt anyone, but you can still let them know you have a guy already. As far as being friendly, you can never have too many friends. Think of it this way too. If a guy worked up the nerve to approach you, and you crush him....it will be hard for him to approach the next woman. Be kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM

24 posts, read 138,420 times
just tell these strange guys you're a lesbian. that's what i always do.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Did I ever mention that I wanted to become a nun when I was little? I don't know why, I just knew I loved God. But then decided against it when I graduated from high school, cause I realized that the nunnery was about serving the priest and the elders, instead of God. I only wanted to serve God and sing praises to God, not some lowly human. Besides, I'm not the religious type, nor Cathoholic (intentional misspelling).
.... and your sn is temptation

Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
it's not like i can do mind control and hypnotize "you will not be interested in me..."

think i just need to chill the fdown until i'm actually asked out

and i do wear a gold ring on my left... not a simple band (i feel like that would be over lying)... but it's a nicely patterned gold ring

over lying = lying too much

Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 PM

113 posts, read 195,562 times
I think you are way too into yourself. Neither men nor women have any real life capacity for mind reading, and body language can mean any number of things. Do not go around this world assuming that people know that they are irritating you or that you have a boyfriend or whatever the situation is.

You need to be direct with people and just say something to them in a way that is humane, and mature. I have met too many women with your mindset and attitude that everyone should just automatically know everything you are thinking and feeling. I have met way too many women like you who are easily creeped out by men or really, their own shadow to be honest.

Men are not all animals, men are not all perverts, men are not all wife beaters or rapists, etc. We men are actually out here who have BIG hearts, genuine care for others around us, respect for ourselves and those occupying the world with us. Just because a man talks to you, jokes with you, looks your direction, wants to socialize with you, does not automatically mean he wants to have a romantic relationship or f**k you!

Arrogance comes in all forms and this type of arrogance, judgement, and selfishness just drives the wedge further between men and women in society generally speaking. It is bad enough that women these days constantly call 911 simply because there is a man walking near them or looking their direction, or god forbid a man says a simple "hello" and starts / attempts to start a good conversation.

The lesson learned here is that you still have some growing up to do.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 PM

67 posts, read 121,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Such problems jeez.
LK, I'm pretty sure you've had these problems (only with women)... no advice?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Maybe you just need a nap?

or a good lay

Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM

About two weeks ago I was at the gym and this guy smiled at me. I smiled back, I'm friendly, but I'm there to work out right? He smiled at me again a few minutes later, and he was kinda cute, so I smiled, a real smile, but didn't really keep eye contact. Then I lost sight of him.

About five minutes later he came up beside me and introduced himself. I told him my name, and he told me in a really nice way that I had spinach in between my teeth. Not my two front teeth but 2nd incisor and canine.

Just saying.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM

113 posts, read 195,562 times
Hey, Aquene? What if the guy would have tried to be your friend or tried to be social with you and you knew his intentions were to eventually grow that into a relationship? Would you have shot him down or would you have accepted him with the honesty of whatever it was you were not looking for?

From what I know, MANY marriages these days start in the gym or the grocery store, some local community place as well as this very message board and other internet sources.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Out_Loud View Post
Hey, Aquene? What if the guy would have tried to be your friend or tried to be social with you and you knew his intentions were to eventually grow that into a relationship? Would you have shot him down or would you have accepted him with the honesty of whatever it was you were not looking for?

From what I know, MANY marriages these days start in the gym or the grocery store, some local community place as well as this very message board and other internet sources.
I would have welcomed it. It's really hard to find people to be friends with that are my age where I live (SW FL). I'm not looking to get married again, but I probably wouldn't have mentioned that in the gym.

I pretty routinely go up to people and introduce myself. I attend conferences by myself a lot, and if I don't want to sit there talking into my iced tea, I need to get over myself and go up to people. Men, women, old, young... I like listening to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships