Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:03 PM

956 posts, read 1,115,834 times

Advertisements

One of my floor mates in my first year of college had met about 3 black people in his life. He invited me to his hometown which was about 5 hours away to attend a Halloween party. I cross-dressed as I had nothing else to go as, and was expecting it to be a fun party. Needless to say, when I walked in there was a group of guys dressed up as KKK members. It was probably the most awkward situation I have been in in my life, and I have yet to have returned to his town. Oh well, those small-town girls more than made up for the crap night I was having.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Okay, there is something soooo desirable about a man that takes advice from his grandpa and respects and admires his grandfather enough to follow that advice.

It belongs in the same category as fuzzy little kitties...just makes you go "AWwwwwwwwwwWWW"
I was really young when he passed away. Something like 5 years old. I was a real brat when I was a kid, so of all the few things I can remember, This advice and him grabbing branches off his trees to whip me are the 2 most notable.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,738,735 times
Friday night, blind date, friend of my cousin. He took me to Subway and we split one whole adult meal. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Recalling it makes the wounds feel fresher.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I was really young when he passed away. Something like 5 years old. I was a real brat when I was a kid, so of all the few things I can remember, This advice and him grabbing branches off his trees to whip me are the 2 most notable.
Ahhh, so he beat it into you! lol

My grandmother always told me "show me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are"...lol, I use that one on my kids all the time!

And another favorite: "start out how you intend to go on"

Very wise woman! She passed away when I was 22 and I still think of her all the time.

As for bad nights out...I'm not sure I have any. I started dating my husband in High School so I guess I wasn't all wild and crazy. We partied together...normal stuff though. The wild and crazy came after we were married...and it's not something I would mention on a public forum

Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM

328 posts, read 574,215 times
Well this happened on a Thursday night... Guy didn't tell me he would be late... Rather than go home, i decided to stay and hang since I was already out... he called me an 1hr+ later, and i didn't take his calls. Then he calls the bar and asks for me... we speak. He tells me that I should have been respectful and returned his calls (umm who is the one who didn't show up??) then says enjoy your evening. I hang up and forget about it. After socializing with some other folks, I look at my phone... I received a text message...

Nice red sweater

CREEPY!!!!

Next day, I received an anonymous text message saying "Hey you"...

Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,677,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedskjaer View Post
Bad night out last saturday.

Got shot down 100% of the time, unless the woman was married, some sort of crazy or barely legal and too young for me.
Oh, and it rained. A lot.
You sound too picky.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:04 AM

378 posts, read 578,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
You sound too picky.
I don't think it is picky to say the 15-18 age group is a little too young.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,780,827 times
Maybe your suit wasn't pressed?

Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 AM

378 posts, read 578,006 times
At least I am trying to make a good impression.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM

806 posts, read 2,344,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Well, after one bad experience, I refuse to go to house party's thrown by guys who play college lacrosse. The guy I talked to at the party wouldn't let me leave at the end of the night and pinned me up against the wall. After several failed attempts to drag me upstairs by my arm (forcefully) a bunch of stoner's sitting on the couch playing video games tackled the guy and told me to "leave before things got ugly". I have no doubt that guy would have raped me that night seeing as how I was trashed, but I managed to get home safely.

Learned my lesson. Never again.
I had a similar exp after a first date.... BUT, the guys on the couch did nothing. I managed to push him off and run out and DEMAND to be driven home.
SICKOS... I wasn't drunk thankfully..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships