Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
maybe! Marriage sounds way easier than dating.
I've always thought it'd be nice if that pesky step could be skipped. Even if things work out and work out with one person, the logistics are too inconvenient for anybody approximately past their mid 20’s... or whenever you get lazy and start having more responsibilities…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,406,412 times
Quote:
maybe! Marriage sounds way easier than dating.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Mir Honey.. We need to talk!!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
It's kind of funny, isn't it? 'You' want you want. You seek and seek. And you finally find, and then what? Now you gotta live with the b*astards..
See, that's why we hermits have it easy. Unless we trouble trouble, trouble does not trouble us!

On a more serious note, most people get tired of most of their new acquisitions fast enough... All these wonderful drugs giving us so much grief are not supposed to last forever - only until the offspring can live somewhat on their own. Mother Nature is a cruel bit*ch, isn't she?!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
All I know is, I have a couple of friends who have made happy partnerships through the internet. We are old, and would prefer the old fashioned ways in which you were introduced through a mutual friend to someone who might be compatible, but these ways are limited, and I do not find fault with the electronic way.

There is a HUGE subtext to this thread, I think. What I think is that, if you are raised in a stable 2 parent home, in which you have good role models, then you have the ability to choose a potential partner. I can't even write enough right now, because it would be too long.

Last edited by gentlearts; 04-04-2011 at 04:50 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
See, that's why we hermits have it easy. Unless we trouble trouble, trouble does not trouble us!

On a more serious note, most people get tired of most of their new acquisitions fast enough... All these wonderful drugs giving us so much grief are not supposed to last forever - only until the offspring can live somewhat on their own. Mother Nature is a cruel bit*ch, isn't she?!
Nah, as tired as I can get, life should never be wished away. Better to find an island than the great abyss. At least here we know what we're working with.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
All I know is, I have a couple of friends who have made happy partnerships through the internet. We are old, and would prefer the old fashioned ways in which you were introduced through a mutual friend to someone who might be compatible, but these ways are limited, and I do not find fault with the electronic way.
I wonder how much has to do with geography. No shortage of opportunities for chance encounters in a big city. In a small town, you might find you're covering your own tracks before too long.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've always thought it'd be nice if that pesky step could be skipped. Even if things work out and work out with one person, the logistics are too inconvenient for anybody approximately past their mid 20’s... or whenever you get lazy and start having more responsibilities…
seriously! its the most uncomfortable thing in the world. I mean I'm learning a lot about myself, but its so uncomfortable, lol.

Mr. Humble-dating is easier than marriage??? I'd rather put the commitment forth to one person than commit to finding that person to commit to.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
It could be geography, but around here, we 50 somethings do not troll the bars for partners.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Mr. Humble-dating is easier than marriage??? I'd rather put the commitment forth to one person than commit to finding that person to commit to.
People are different... I would also have a so-n'-so stable job any day over looking for one, but some enjoy job-hopping! You sure you're a Gemini, lol?

Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,835,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Isn't that where the fun is, the excitement? When you make such a science out of it, how do you not seem desperate? Also, when you are constantly judging yourself on your attractiveness to the opposite sex, how do you not lose your self confidence, your self identity?
??????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships