Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:59 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,427,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
He sounds like a real piece of work
which is why I canceled on him. I like uncomplicated men. you should've been there when I was texting him (didn't want to talk to him cause I expected the reaction I got, lol) but I was at a friends house and she was cracking up over me screaming at the phone. By the time I was done trying to comfort him (which failed!) which was super draining, I was like "do you guys have a bottle of wine I'd be able to down right about now?" and I never talk like an alcoholic, ever! lol..I guess there's a first time for everything. Regardless, he removed himself from my life (thankfully!)..which might pose as a challenge at times cause 2 of the girls I dance with are close friends with him. oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,162,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
which is why I canceled on him. I like uncomplicated men. you should've been there when I was texting him (didn't want to talk to him cause I expected the reaction I got, lol) but I was at a friends house and she was cracking up over me screaming at the phone. By the time I was done trying to comfort him (which failed!) which was super draining, I was like "do you guys have a bottle of wine I'd be able to down right about now?" and I never talk like an alcoholic, ever! lol..I guess there's a first time for everything. Regardless, he removed himself from my life (thankfully!)..which might pose as a challenge at times cause 2 of the girls I dance with are close friends with him. oh well.
I like uncomplicated men too. I'm very low-maintenance and I like my independence. I dont' need a man who is willing to 'take care of me' or make me his 'kept woman' in exchange for being overly clingy. Your interactions with your 'psycho' sound hilarious and I wish I could have been there to see it!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I like uncomplicated men too. I'm very low-maintenance and I like my independence. I dont' need a man who is willing to 'take care of me' or make me his 'kept woman' in exchange for being overly clingy. Your interactions with your 'psycho' sound hilarious and I wish I could have been there to see it!
exactly!!

Oh, it was a riot that night..you would've laughed so hard! but I swear my blood pressure must've sky rocketed and I have lowish blood pressure too!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,162,876 times
Quote:
exactly!!

Oh, it was a riot that night..you would've laughed so hard! but I swear my blood pressure must've sky rocketed and I have lowish blood pressure too!
Poor girl!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM

14,580 posts, read 23,142,852 times
Quote:
I always seem to find men that are either super half a** in pursuing me or ones that smother me in less than a week and already need me too much.

Why is this? its bizarre....both scenarios make me lose interest, fast. Especially since I'm more of a happy medium myself and I'm too busy for either extreme.
You just can't win can you?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You just can't win can you?
not in this pathetic town! I was talking to a guy I'm friends with yesterday and he made me feel even worse when he said "oh there's plenty of good guys out there, they just get taken real fast". I wanted to be like "thanks captain obvious and I slipped right through them!" haha.

Amanda-its all good. I'm laughing it about it now..but oh man..all I could think was "this is how stressful he is without even 1 date??? he is never ever gonna have a girlfriend so he better get used to it!" lol. Oh, and he told me that that sort of rejection happens to him all the time..I had to bite my tongue not to tell him "then its you, not the girls you're seeing..don't you get that??" but I remained my sweet little self, ha!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM

14,580 posts, read 23,142,852 times
Quote:
not in this pathetic town!
I hear most of Arizona is like that. I'm not looking forward to the possibility of ending up there.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I hear most of Arizona is like that. I'm not looking forward to the possibility of ending up there.
ya..thing is, I don't know if somewhere else would be better either. I hope I'm wrong though..who knows. and hey, If you end up here, you'll have a friend!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,326,184 times
Quote:
Eh, if you end up here, it's probably going to be in Phoenix... A lot more people there and likely more professionals.

Should you land in Tucson, on the other hand, you already know 2 lovely ladies!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, if you end up here, it's probably going to be in Phoenix... A lot more people there and likely more professionals.

Should you land in Tucson, on the other hand, you already know 2 lovely ladies!
ya, Phoenix is a little better and has way better looking people than Tucson, lol. There's a couple corporations in my field that are in Phoenix and I could move there when I graduate, but I don't know if I can handle that extreme of heat, but I guess as long as I could get a better car and can travel somewhere tolerable on the weekends, I'd be fine. I already know about 10 people up there so I'd have a social circle already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships