Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,431,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
LOL. I'm not sure how well bare midriffs and jeans would go over in Scottsdale. It strikes me as a place where the women wear clothing that was purchased at ultra high-end, high-quality stores/boutiques, something I'm definitely not a fan of.

You said that part of Scottsdale is family friendly. I'm actually thinking about visiting some friends in Phoenix sometime in the next year or so. It's good to know that there will be some fun things to do with my ten-year-old son if we do go visit.
well it depends where in Scottsdale you go. and Scottsdale isn't all of Phoenix so there's plenty of other nice areas to go to as well that you can take your son to. Don't go during the summer..it is hell on earth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:17 PM

12,585 posts, read 17,021,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
yes, can you believe this? ...like I said..its never a happy medium. What am I doing that drives men to either extreme?? lol.
I'm not into fortune tellers myself.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,167,992 times
Quote:
well it depends where in Scottsdale you go. and Scottsdale isn't all of Phoenix so there's plenty of other nice areas to go to as well that you can take your son to. Don't go during the summer..it is hell on earth!
It seems like it would be crazy hot during the summer!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I'm not into fortune tellers myself.
haha, hey neither am I!

Amanda-ya it can get deathly hot out here, especially in phx, Yuma and out in Palm Springs, CA..welcome to the desert! Its bearable if you have good car a/c and a pool at all times and don't stay outside longer than 10 minutes during the day. oh and lots of water!!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Its bearable if you have good car a/c and a pool at all times and don't stay outside longer than 10 minutes during the day. oh and lots of water!!
Oh, c'mon, you, chicken! If there's anything I like here, it's the heat!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, c'mon, you, chicken! If there's anything I like here, it's the heat!
you are strange! haha, I hate it. There's nothing appealing about showing up to work drenched in sweat and feeling nauseous from it too. Oh and freezing later on once you're indoors cause you're soaking wet, lol.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
you are strange! haha, I hate it. There's nothing appealing about showing up to work drenched in sweat and feeling nauseous from it too. Oh and freezing later on once you're indoors cause you're soaking wet, lol.
What sweat?! Go somewhere else in summer to see what sweat is! And in most of those places you'd freeze your buttinski in the winter to boot!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What sweat?! Go somewhere else in summer to see what sweat is! And in most of those places you'd freeze your buttinski in the winter to boot!
That's what coats are for hehehe...lol at "buttinski"..I'm gonna start saying that now! Oh and my A/C in my car isn't that good in the summer so I sweat with every move I make .

Old 04-12-2011, 03:52 AM

66 posts, read 141,560 times
This is the same question I keep asking myself. There is either some guy that is just "ehh" about things, that I can barely pry two words out of, and then other guys that are soo overwhelming and won't be quiet long enough to even eat anything when out on a date! Then they send you a million texts all day long, call you asking about your day (when you just saw them half an hour ago~ this has happened!!), facebook a ton of messages to you. And always go on about their exes and how much women have hurt them, how they gave up so much for love and were hurt (I am sooo sick of hearing this. Nobody forced them into the former relationship! And guys say girls talk about their exes too much? In what world? Not mine!). I try to never bring up my exes unless asked because what's the point? It's not like I was married or engaged to them. I didn't move in with them and I didn't move to another state because of them. But, geeze, almost every first date I'd had recently, I've had to listen to them moan and whine about how hurt they got over their exes (and, geeze, it's not like they were married or have kids together. I might could understand more if they'd been married ten years and had a couple of kids, but none of the relationships lasted more than three years!!!!).

I've really grown to hate cell phones. And facebook. And texting. Obviously, most of these guys don't go on second dates. Some never make it to the first date because they start sending a million texts before it even happens! One guy even spent SIX hours at my workplace (retail store), trying to talk to me between customers and just leaning on the counter after I agreed to watch a movie with him that weekend. Never saw the movie with him because that's just creepy.

I feel your pain, mir.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,115,020 times
It makes me sad to know that not all men can be as awesome as me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships