Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,041,310 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 01:51 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,990,688 times
Watch and LEARN.

YouTube - Mad TV-Can I Have Your Number

Old 04-07-2011, 02:41 PM

22 posts, read 38,121 times
From one college student to another...here's what I do if I want to talk to anyone in class, interested or making friends or whatever - while waiting for the teacher before class start talking to them or after class walk out with them and start talking. In class it's very easy to start a conversation. Why? You already obviously have something in common - the class! You can always talk about something you find interesting about the class or something you see right there or life in general. It's really quite easy. Eventually it will come natural making friends, not just in class but anywhere. Of course some people are not as friendly but that's just how things are.

*WARNING*: Sitting next to them out of the blue might seem too forward especially for a girl, unless you can do it in an interesting way.
*WARNING*: Randomly adding them on facebook before actually talking to them can seem weird also.
*WARNING*: Random complements can come off the wrong way. Maybe save that for later.

Hmm if you think above the above, they all come off the wrong way - you look like a shark. Chillax and make friends first.

Last edited by DJIntegrity; 04-07-2011 at 02:59 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 03:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,479,250 times
I would initiate a conversation with her by asking her if she'd like to exchange email addresses to get homework assignments in case either of you miss a class.

Then take it from there.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:54 PM

21 posts, read 32,008 times
The hardest part about initiating conversation is coming up with an "in" or something to get the convo going w/out having to start it cold.

And you, sir, have TONS of ins here...substance of the class, students who look funny, the profs pit stains...it's all gold.

You can ask about football games.

She'll probably wear event/organization shirts, ask about whatever it depicts.

Mention some big campus event

Dude, you are GOLDEN...i was out of undergrad for four years before going back for grad school. I forgot how great it is to be in college. Enjoy yourself!

Old 04-07-2011, 04:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,056,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Lol

This is not K-12. I'm in college.
College students often act worse then high school kids.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:45 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
hit'er over the head with a club and drag her back to your cave. That'll get her attention, when she wakes up.

you probably want to initiate a conversation with a "hello, I'm Mark Twain." ask her about the class, maybe ask her to help study for the class at a formal place like a Library or cafe(buy the drinks), that way you can see if you really like her for who she is, or just the way she looks.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,944,221 times
Did you go to high school? Use the same techniques. Sheeesssh. Not that difficult - you don't need to hire a consultant to tell you what should come naturally.

What do you think you should do?

How about just opening your mouth and talking to her, as if she were a fellow human being?

Old 04-08-2011, 08:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Did you go to high school? Use the same techniques. Sheeesssh. Not that difficult - you don't need to hire a consultant to tell you what should come naturally.

What do you think you should do?

How about just opening your mouth and talking to her, as if she were a fellow human being?
Y'all act as if it's that simple. I did all of these things and, believe me, for some people nothing comes naturally when it comes to the opposite sex.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,160,939 times
Well, since I was a life long college student at one point in my life I'll give you a good way. First, the part about sitting next too her, can be much to forward, especially since you don't even know if she is interested. When I was in college, girls who would out of the blue sit by me, if I didn't know they had liked me, I knew it then. If I wasn't already interested, that really didn't help. If you sit next to her, she will know automatically that you are interested the first time you initiate contact. If, and I am assuming she is intuitive. Plus most likely the whole class will be able to see that you are into her. If you are more private about this stuff, that won't help.

For one, you shouldn't get ahead of yourself. For all you know, she has a boyfriend or is into someone else. Before you go waisting your whole semester, is there a way that you can find this out? It sucks getting a crush on someonen only to find out they are with someone or are getting over someone. You get the idea.

Second, non-verbal flirting is always the first way to figure this out. Is she looking at you? If she isn't, chances are right there that she is not attracted to you. Or that she is not visually responding to you. However, some people don't consider people unless that person is throwing them some vibes. Do the ole' fashion stare. See if you can meet her eyes. The eyes never lie. If she thinks that your attractive you will soon know. If a girl is constantly looking at you. That is a good indication that she is attracted to you. That still doesn't mean that she isn't seeing someone. Some people (men and women) are shady. Have their cake and eat it too. Get what I mean. If she's like that, you don't want her, because more than likely she will do you the same way.

If she reciprocates eye contact, that should give you some confidence to initiate contact after class. By the way give the eye contact thing about two weeks. Let her develop a crush. This helps. Getting her to think about you gets her wanting to know you more. Then after class, walk ahead of her and when there's room, slow down and wait for her to catch up. A good time for this would be a day when you all have recieved a test or score on your paper. This will be a good in,- "what did you get on the test, paper, etc?" This will leave for a good opening to talk, and to find out if she is interested as well. This one girl was into me one time and we were making eye contact for a while. She did this after class once. It was smooth and it worked. Are there any groups or team effort to do tests or work on projects? I had a class one time that the teacher allowed the class to take a test with another person. However, if someone took the test alone, they were given five more points. But two brains rather than one, is enticing not only for an "in" but also to get a better score.

Anyhow, there are ways to go about it that you don't come on too strong and you can set up an escape if things don't go smooth. For instance, the asking her about something to do with school will definately tell if she is interested. Chances are if she is interested you'll know it which will give you the confidence to ask about other things. If she isn't, you haven't verbally revealed your true intentions and you can therefore back out without embarrising yourself even further. She can think you liked her, but if you never tell her, she still techinically can't say that you did. This will help make the semester a little smoother as well. It's not easy to go to class everyday with someone who blew you off or isn't into you.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Take with it what you like. Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you. But remember, there is no point in crushing on somene that is not interested. Don't waist too much time getting feelings for a girl that may not like you back. So get to eye starring and figure it out.

Oh, and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships