Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,933,590 times

Advertisements

Trust me, it doesn't have to be that well thought out, and certainly not schemed. You HAVE to talk to her - just say "hi." No weird staring is necessary or wanted. Just say "hi" and if you see her outside of class, say "What's your name" Isn't that class (fill in the blank)." Then take it naturally from there. Don't get out your manual - how did you meet people in high school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM

199 posts, read 491,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Well, since I was a life long college student at one point in my life I'll give you a good way. First, the part about sitting next too her, can be much to forward, especially since you don't even know if she is interested. When I was in college, girls who would out of the blue sit by me, if I didn't know they had liked me, I knew it then. If I wasn't already interested, that really didn't help. If you sit next to her, she will know automatically that you are interested the first time you initiate contact. If, and I am assuming she is intuitive. Plus most likely the whole class will be able to see that you are into her. If you are more private about this stuff, that won't help.

For one, you shouldn't get ahead of yourself. For all you know, she has a boyfriend or is into someone else. Before you go waisting your whole semester, is there a way that you can find this out? It sucks getting a crush on someonen only to find out they are with someone or are getting over someone. You get the idea.

Second, non-verbal flirting is always the first way to figure this out. Is she looking at you? If she isn't, chances are right there that she is not attracted to you. Or that she is not visually responding to you. However, some people don't consider people unless that person is throwing them some vibes. Do the ole' fashion stare. See if you can meet her eyes. The eyes never lie. If she thinks that your attractive you will soon know. If a girl is constantly looking at you. That is a good indication that she is attracted to you. That still doesn't mean that she isn't seeing someone. Some people (men and women) are shady. Have their cake and eat it too. Get what I mean. If she's like that, you don't want her, because more than likely she will do you the same way.

If she reciprocates eye contact, that should give you some confidence to initiate contact after class. By the way give the eye contact thing about two weeks. Let her develop a crush. This helps. Getting her to think about you gets her wanting to know you more. Then after class, walk ahead of her and when there's room, slow down and wait for her to catch up. A good time for this would be a day when you all have recieved a test or score on your paper. This will be a good in,- "what did you get on the test, paper, etc?" This will leave for a good opening to talk, and to find out if she is interested as well. This one girl was into me one time and we were making eye contact for a while. She did this after class once. It was smooth and it worked. Are there any groups or team effort to do tests or work on projects? I had a class one time that the teacher allowed the class to take a test with another person. However, if someone took the test alone, they were given five more points. But two brains rather than one, is enticing not only for an "in" but also to get a better score.

Anyhow, there are ways to go about it that you don't come on too strong and you can set up an escape if things don't go smooth. For instance, the asking her about something to do with school will definately tell if she is interested. Chances are if she is interested you'll know it which will give you the confidence to ask about other things. If she isn't, you haven't verbally revealed your true intentions and you can therefore back out without embarrising yourself even further. She can think you liked her, but if you never tell her, she still techinically can't say that you did. This will help make the semester a little smoother as well. It's not easy to go to class everyday with someone who blew you off or isn't into you.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Take with it what you like. Whatever you do, I hope it works out for you. But remember, there is no point in crushing on somene that is not interested. Don't waist too much time getting feelings for a girl that may not like you back. So get to eye starring and figure it out.

Oh, and good luck!
Advice of a champ, repped

Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Trust me, it doesn't have to be that well thought out, and certainly not schemed. You HAVE to talk to her - just say "hi." No weird staring is necessary or wanted. Just say "hi" and if you see her outside of class, say "What's your name" Isn't that class (fill in the blank)." Then take it naturally from there. Don't get out your manual - how did you meet people in high school?

What do you mean weird starring. It's called checking her out. This is usually everybodies first process. Years ago, before there was the internet, there was this crazy proccess most people do. It allows you to gauge interest. You see if he is checking her out, she will know. Girls aren't stupid. If she likes him back, she will most likely let it be known by checking him out in return.

Why go into a gun fight with a knife. I think he should feel the situation out a little bit first. You would rather him just explode into her life with a hello my name is Ted, blah, blah, blah. She might be like and?......Why are you bothering me?

I mean if she never does anything to gauge his interest, he might throw her for a loop. In her mind she would be thinking, did I do something to make you think I am interested? At least if she is looking at him and expressess some kind of interest, he's not going in completely stupid. I don't know, it just makes sense to me.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM

4 posts, read 8,962 times
Default Go for it!

This happened to me on high school, my technique which id found the easiest was to wait the class to end then id approach her to talk about a bit of the class,.. im sure naturally the talk will go on,..

good luck and go for it! (is the only way buddy,.. you'll realize isn't so hard as may seems )..

Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There is this nice looking girl in my bio class. I want to initiate conversation, but she sits on the other side of the room. How can I get started?
first move would be to get yourself in closer proximity to her, spatially speaking.

let me know how that goes and then i will tell you part 2.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,933,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
What do you mean weird starring. It's called checking her out. This is usually everybodies first process. Years ago, before there was the internet, there was this crazy proccess most people do. It allows you to gauge interest. You see if he is checking her out, she will know. Girls aren't stupid. If she likes him back, she will most likely let it be known by checking him out in return.

Why go into a gun fight with a knife. I think he should feel the situation out a little bit first. You would rather him just explode into her life with a hello my name is Ted, blah, blah, blah. She might be like and?......Why are you bothering me?

I mean if she never does anything to gauge his interest, he might throw her for a loop. In her mind she would be thinking, did I do something to make you think I am interested? At least if she is looking at him and expressess some kind of interest, he's not going in completely stupid. I don't know, it just makes sense to me.
OMG. What some of you guys don't understand is how unnattractive your scheming is . . .it is much more attractive to a woman or a girl, if the guy has natural confidence and acts casually.

Saying "hi" to someone is not a big deal. If she spits on you, or turns her back on you, then you have your answer! If she says "hi" back, then you proceed to chit-chat . . .it really is not a big deal.

Just judging from the lack of confidence shown here, that is the turn-off and why your success rate may be low.

Friendly people are attractive - weird, awkward, scheming people are not. Period. End of story.

Damn. Just say "hi" and get it over with. and smile while you are saying it, don't gawk and stare like a lunatic.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,155,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
OMG. What some of you guys don't understand is how unnattractive your scheming is . . .it is much more attractive to a woman or a girl, if the guy has natural confidence and acts casually.

Saying "hi" to someone is not a big deal. If she spits on you, or turns her back on you, then you have your answer! If she says "hi" back, then you proceed to chit-chat . . .it really is not a big deal.

Just judging from the lack of confidence shown here, that is the turn-off and why your success rate may be low.

Friendly people are attractive - weird, awkward, scheming people are not. Period. End of story.

Damn. Just say "hi" and get it over with. and smile while you are saying it, don't gawk and stare like a lunatic.

Oh brother, You think checking someone out and seeing if they are checking you out before you go up to them is scheming? Oh, my, please take a deep breath and go outside for a bit. I think your wires are crossed. This is what people have done from the beginning of time. This is a very normal attempt at dating. Look at the histroy books about ten years back and more. This used to be the way things were done long before the internet. Wow, I can't imagine what would work with you. You sound very young and untrusting, looking for the littlest thing to snip at. I can imagine your very hard to please. You got the name right, but your missing the word too. Right inbetween I'm and curious.

And as far as that sentence that I bolded and underlined. How would you know what anybodies success rate is? Have you taken out a c-d poll regarding this issue? I can't speak for anybody else, but I know that I am in a relationship. So how does that effect your success rate?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-08-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships