Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,298,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Put it to you this way: You can assume that when he takes his vows, he'll be lying then, too.

Can you live with that? I think you know the answer.
Great point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM

18 posts, read 56,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
If he is always telling "small lies" the two of you have BIG PROBLEMS! I have never understood why people lie about such small things...if he will lie to you about small things he will lie about anything....
Yea I know. thats my thought process exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I think you already know the answer. Do you really want to be starting a life w/ someone who is dishonest w/ you?
I agree.

I confronted him about the message from the wow friend just now and he is still lying to me. That's the worst part, and hes sitting here trying to turn it around on me being mean and unreasonable.

And to the person who said, its just a small lie and everyone has done that. Yes I know. But when confronted by my significant other, I'm not going to adamantly lie about it when there is clear evidence against me. ya know?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,126,760 times
This guy is a perfect stranger and he's inviting him to be IN the wedding party. He's never mentioned him at all and suddenly he's one of his best buddies???

I'm sorry, that is just bizzare to me.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 PM

13,782 posts, read 26,298,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmygsp View Post
Yea I know. thats my thought process exactly.

I agree.

I confronted him about the message from the wow friend just now and he is still lying to me. That's the worst part, and hes sitting here trying to turn it around on me being mean and unreasonable.

And to the person who said, its just a small lie and everyone has done that. Yes I know. But when confronted by my significant other, I'm not going to adamantly lie about when there is clear evidence against me. ya know?
He is still lying *AFTER* being confronted?? Please tell me you see little red flags all over the place!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,245,308 times
Seems like WOW and maybe even his new friend have more priority than you do w/ him. It's best to be finding this out now before the marriage. Little lies have a way of digging themsevles into deep holes turning into big lies.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 PM

18 posts, read 56,532 times
I just wanna say you guys are all awesome. Its nice to be able to talk to someone with an unbiased point and state facts and get your opinions after.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to reply.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM

677 posts, read 1,542,963 times
Strange people behave in strange ways.

Make sure your fiance hasn't taken out a life insurance policy on you.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,452,000 times
Just curious - what else has he lied about?

Also, does he have friends in real life he passed over in favor of the other guy?

I don't know, I could sort of understand him being embarrassed about his true relationship with the guy, but to lie about it is a bad move. I would probably see it more as an action that says you need to give him more time to mature and that he's not ready for marriage yet (post pone wedding).

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,490,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
This guy is a perfect stranger and he's inviting him to be IN the wedding party. He's never mentioned him at all and suddenly he's one of his best buddies???

I'm sorry, that is just bizzare to me.
Yeah, something is not right there. There's more to that relationship then just a WOW friend. (What is WOW?) And for this person to come cross country to be in a wedding that he doesn't know the person or ever meet in person??? Something is not right. I would NOT marry this person at all. Does he not have real friends that live around you that he could ask to be a groomsmen? And if he lies all the time, he'll continue lying even after you get married.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,391,150 times
Premarital counseling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships