Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Agree...it seems odd that he'd want this guy to be a groomsman. There's got to be more to his story.
Agreed. I'm thinking her boyfriend is living a life on the down low - ewwww
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmygsp View Post
Hi everyone,
So while making a guest list for our wedding, my fiance mentions inviting someone I've never heard of and asking him to be a groomsman. I say, uh ok whatever. and when he sends me the official list, for curiosity's sake i look this guy up on facebook. Come to find out hes about 13 years older than us, and lives half way across the country. When i ask my fiancee about it, he says, "i met him in high school, and now play WOW with him"

I now know this is a lie too. Fiance sent him a message saying i didn't want him there or something. So this guy sends me a facebook message, saying sorry "i know its awkward for you to want someone to come when he only knows me from WOW."

I'm furious. I'm sick of lies. It always little lies with him. Especially when its such a stupid thing to lie about to begin with. I'm about to call it quits. My question is, am i over reacting? Its not what it was over, but that he lied to begin with and when he had the opportunity to tell the truth he still didn't.

Thanks for any input.

These are huge red flags.

Marry him at your own risk, we warned you!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 PM

461 posts, read 783,318 times
I never date anyone who is into WOW or heavily involved in gaming. They live in a fantasy world and their addiction can be harder to overcome than alcohol or drugs.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmygsp View Post
Hi everyone,
So while making a guest list for our wedding, my fiance mentions inviting someone I've never heard of and asking him to be a groomsman. I say, uh ok whatever. and when he sends me the official list, for curiosity's sake i look this guy up on facebook. Come to find out hes about 13 years older than us, and lives half way across the country. When i ask my fiancee about it, he says, "i met him in high school, and now play WOW with him"

I now know this is a lie too. Fiance sent him a message saying i didn't want him there or something. So this guy sends me a facebook message, saying sorry "i know its awkward for you to want someone to come when he only knows me from WOW."

I'm furious. I'm sick of lies. It always little lies with him. Especially when its such a stupid thing to lie about to begin with. I'm about to call it quits. My question is, am i over reacting? Its not what it was over, but that he lied to begin with and when he had the opportunity to tell the truth he still didn't.

Thanks for any input.
So...what's the lie?

[because I'm not seeing it]

Old 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,930,470 times
WOW HAS DESTROYED YOUR MARRIAGE!

To be honest, u have to take it into account with the whole picture. Is the rest of your relationship good? is he willing to work on his wow obsession? His habitual lying is a serious problem.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:58 PM

420 posts, read 878,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
His fiancee' said he tells lies all the time and she is getting tired of it....how hard is it for someone to tell the truth? Seriously...
Frankly, I dont think it is hard at all. But if ease or difficulty were the only factor, the Devil would have never invented lies...Lol
I believe it is just the desire to avoid a consequence or to intrigue. Just my take on it.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:05 AM

328 posts, read 603,654 times
Maybe an old boyfriend...

Old 04-08-2011, 12:21 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
So...what's the lie?

[because I'm not seeing it]
Are you by chance addicted to WOW?

Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Yeah, something is not right there. There's more to that relationship then just a WOW friend. (What is WOW?) And for this person to come cross country to be in a wedding that he doesn't know the person or ever meet in person??? Something is not right. I would NOT marry this person at all. Does he not have real friends that live around you that he could ask to be a groomsmen? And if he lies all the time, he'll continue lying even after you get married.
It's an online World of Warcraft Game.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
Red flags
  • Lying
  • Continuing to lie when confronted
  • Secrecy
  • Video game addiction
  • Poor judgement in forming attachments with strangers
  • Failing to involve you in major decisions
  • Showing all the signs of being a grade-A loser.
I really hope you will reconsider spending the rest of your life with this guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships